oh... CRAP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

boardordi3

Fully Optimized
Okay, so i was updating my ipod, and i have it set to manual update, but for some reason it was on auto update ( probably from my shuffle) and now ALL MY MUSIC IS ERASED, and i was usin my ipod as a hdd for my music, so i dont have it backed up on a comp, ( yeah i know, dumb idea) but anyway, i know you can restore stuff off ur hdd on a comp, so i was wondering if anyone knows how i could do this with my ipod, its a 30gb hdd video ipod..

IF YOU HELP ME, YOU ARE A SAINT!!!!!!

I know you can do something like that with your basic PC hard drive... but I don't know about an iPods'...

Probably not. MP3 player HDD's aren't like computers where you can easily get things back by using DOS.

alvino said:
Probably not. MP3 player HDD's aren't like computers where you can easily get things back by using DOS.
They sure are. All hard drives are the same, nothing gets "erased" it just gets marked to be overwritten the next time you install something, so as long as you don't install anything else, you should be able to get your stuff back.

Tommy Boy said:
They sure are. All hard drives are the same, nothing gets "erased" it just gets marked to be overwritten the next time you install something, so as long as you don't install anything else, you should be able to get your stuff back.

wow i never really knew that about deleting stuff. i thought it was much more complicated than that lol

I have never heard of recovery software for iPods. My friend once set his iPod up as a removable drive, and wanted to wipe all the music off it, so he formatted it, right click> format - he lost all the system files + settings - and had a useless ipod.

joxley1990 said:
I have never heard of recovery software for iPods. My friend once set his iPod up as a removable drive, and wanted to wipe all the music off it, so he formatted it, right click> format - he lost all the system files + settings - and had a useless ipod.
rofl that would suck!!

Back
Top Bottom