NTSC and PAL wth

MetalOverlord76

Daemon Poster
As many of you already know, certain regions go by a slightly different technology. There are National Television Systems Committee (NTSC) that exists exclusively for their regions that are either only for the US or only for Japan, and so on. Also, there is Phase Altering Line (PAL), an anolog television encoder that exist only on certain locations as well. A few years ago, I made the mistake of purchasing a copy of Final Fantasy X in Portugal, only to realize it was not compadible witn my PS2 NTSC United States system. I'm still kicking myself because of it. Also, I was going about my typical internet surfing routeen looking for various games and I also noticed a variety of unique videogames exclusively for Japan. Games like Kingdom Hearts - Final Mix as well as other games. They both were of NTSC; however, they were still not compatible with my PS2 system. I realized this when I searched the difference between NTSC U/C and NTSC J.

I would like to have the ability to purchase games internationally and still be able to play them. I'm looking for some kind of converter that will enable me to play NTSC J and PAL games on my NTSC U/C PS2 system.

You can often get converter disks.

basically you put in the unlocked disk before running the game, this boots the console to a kind of unlocked open region mode, then you eject that disc and put in the game disc and it plays on your hardware.

I'm reasonably sure that i had one of these to allow me to play US import games on a UK playstation. cost me about £10 from a game shop.

Back
Top Bottom