Nintendo Wii. Thoughts?

yeah i've used it before. meh.. unless the Wii gets some really good games ant isn't completely focused on children's games.. maybe i'll get one.

The 360 on the other hand.. i'll have one soon.

they need to iron it out still or something.. my friend's GoW dvd is scratched already.. BY THE DRIVE! stupid pos.

I like the wii, the graphics are decent (although not as great as the PS3 or XBOX 360) it's cheap and it's got a cool controller! I'm going to wait until the price comes down a little bit though or at least until the holiday rush is over.

Also, you guys are forgetting that it can also play the old games from older consoles from the net. Remember that.

lhuser said:
Also, you guys are forgetting that it can also play the old games from older consoles from the net. Remember that.
Yeah... but then again, 'some' of us just use emulators and roms.

I agree Mike, I use ROMS for the really old games. I do like the fact that the wii lets you download older games from the net I think that's really cool.

When I get the wii, I want warioware :) purely for the lack of advanced graphics. it looks like a pretty fun game because it's lacking in the graphics dept.

MikeReiner said:
yeah i've used it before. meh.. unless the Wii gets some really good games ant isn't completely focused on children's games.. maybe i'll get one.

The 360 on the other hand.. i'll have one soon.

they need to iron it out still or something.. my friend's GoW dvd is scratched already.. BY THE DRIVE! stupid pos.

Yeah, they have that issue. I happens when you move your Xbox 360 from horizontal to vertical or vice versa. The DVD acts like a gyro so it hits the laser diode mechanism and scratches the DVD like heck. Of course, why you would change the Xbox 360 while it's running is rather odd, but yeah...

I was some 15 seconds late for getting amazons last release day one...
literally clicked add to basket, and it was sold from under me by the time I got to the checkout button!

nuts!

well... to be fair, I couldn't really afford it anyway, (was going to put it on a credit card). and I'll happily wait till after christmas...

specifically march when everyone goes nuts for the PS3 and everything else comes down in price.

It did really piss me off though... I looked on ebay, there are litterally thousands on there, people have been pre-ordering, collecting and listing them on ebay straight away...

this really pisses me off, I know that your entitled to list whatever the hell you like on ebay, but really...

someone being greedy and wanting to make a profit has meant that I can't buy myself one at a regular price...

the same thing happens with reading tickets every year as well. some scummy pricks buy up loads to sell at inflated prices on ebay...

it wouldn't annoy me if I knew that I didn't have a Wii and that there were thousands of kids plaing on them instead, but to know that they are just sitting (in multiples) in sealed boxes in people front rooms just waiting to make them a profit really really just pisses me off...

I mean in all fairness Ebay managed to stop live 8 tickets going on sale, they could damn well stop zero day products being listed right away that only cause inflated prices and stock shortage...

still ebay don't really give a 'hoot' cause all their profit is percentage based...
I'm sure they'd be smilling if the supplies were even shorter and the prices were getting pushed higher...

anyway... yes, get a wii... they are great fun, (like most nintendo stuff), and they are cheap enough not to break the bank.
no they arn't as graphically enhanced as the PS3, but they are still better than the PS2 that will have done so many people so well for so long...

fair enough, you'll never see realistic weather patterns, but anything that you could see on PS2, you'll be likely to see in realism on the Wii...

Back
Top Bottom