New Xbox 360 with HDMI?

alvino

Golden Master
Xbox-Scene.com just recently recieved a photo of a Xbox 360 motherboard with a HDMI slot. Could it be possible? :D If this is true, Sony's PS3 could lose one of it's main weapons. Other than Blu-Ray, the PS3 also depended on HDMI for this "HD era". If Microsoft does decide to go with HDMI or at least release an HDMI A/V cable, it could be possible that the Xbox 360 will steal some of the PS3's thunder. :D

Xbox-Scene.com
TeamXbox.com

hdmiport_s400.jpg

This could be an interesting turn in events if Microsoft decides to implement this. Why? Because you don't have to pay $600 just to enjoy HD content and play great games online with a time and member proven Xbox Live service. :D This could be good, because DVI-D or HDMI is required to view HD content that is protected with HDCP. The HD-DVD drive add-on for the Xbox 360 should be coming this holiday season for about $120-ish. :D

NOTE: If you're going to ruin this thread with fanboy comments or something stupid, please don't post.

hm, so we dont know what is going to happen with Ps3? when is that coming out. W.e I hope they both run really good!

Well, it's already known that the PS3 will come out in two packages, like the Xbox 360. The $499 package comes with a 20GB hard drive, no HDMI, no Wi-Fi, no media reader (SD, MMC, CF etc). The $599 version comes with a 60GB hard drive, one HDMI slot, built-in Wi-Fi, and a media reader. For HD output, HDMI is very crucial if you want to have at least 1080p, even though the Xbox 360's HD composite A/V cables can put out 720p already. This just allows people to take advantage or newer HDTVs as they all come with HDMI now.

yea, post a link of HDMI. I need to read on it more.. I just saw it and didnt read it! :D ;)

i love how microsoft is completely getting away with these "add-ons" while xbox fans throw a hissy fit throughout the country complaining that the ps3 is going to be too expensive. Are you kidding me? $120 for an hd-dvd drive add-on, whats the point most people's xbox 360 will end up costing over $600.
Honestly the only battle sony has lost so far is a marketing battle, i think that the xbox fans were prepared and started flooding the media with their bias opinions loooooong before the ps3 is even released.

for xbox fans the hdmi thing is good, and by no means am i opposed to exapansion units for consoles. its sort of hypocritical of some people for embracing expensive upgrades while saying "the 360 only cost me $399 or $499".

btw will this new hdmi cable/add-on be the new hdmi standard?

I'm confused...

If its true though, it stands to reason why you should wait before buying hardware of any sort.

Kage said:
I'm confused...

If its true though, it stands to reason why you should wait before buying hardware of any sort.

really the only rule to go by when buying hardware ^

im all ps3 for nextgen, but you wont see me rushing to the store until winter 2007 :D !!

Yeha, and by then, you should have a real evaluation at which ones better for your needs.
You should also know which format is going to take over DVD, which might make the PS3 more worth while buying when prices drop.

Zaki said:
i love how microsoft is completely getting away with these "add-ons" while xbox fans throw a hissy fit throughout the country complaining that the ps3 is going to be too expensive. Are you kidding me? $120 for an hd-dvd drive add-on, whats the point most people's xbox 360 will end up costing over $600.
Honestly the only battle sony has lost so far is a marketing battle, i think that the xbox fans were prepared and started flooding the media with their bias opinions loooooong before the ps3 is even released.

for xbox fans the hdmi thing is good, and by no means am i opposed to exapansion units for consoles. its sort of hypocritical of some people for embracing expensive upgrades while saying "the 360 only cost me $399 or $499".

btw will this new hdmi cable/add-on be the new hdmi standard?

It's called expandability and customization. Why do they do it? Because people love options. If they have the power to choose what they want to add or have, it's always a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom