New phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
foothead, go into an AT&T store and try it for yourself.

I will as soon as I can get a ride. The only AT&T store I really have access to is inside the mall.

If they consider that slow, then they have obviously never used an iPhone.

They said it took over a minute and dropped in and out constantly. IDK, maybe the bug didn't affect yours for some reason?

I'll wait for Samsung's fix before making any decisions.

I've got the iPhone 4 and it picks GPS up instantaneously when you call upon it, if you can get hold of one on your contract, i'd highly recommend it, it's my fave piece of tech, probably ever

I've got the iPhone 4 and it picks GPS up instantaneously when you call upon it, if you can get hold of one on your contract, i'd highly recommend it, it's my fave piece of tech, probably ever

Yep, GPS Fix on the iPhone 4 is very quick!

also, Tom: Welcome to the cool club (Y) :D

J03 fairly sure our positions as cool club elders were safe anyway. But hell to the yes, helps to packing this beast in pocket.

Awesome. One thing that put me off was that it was still running Android 1.6.. is it running Froyo yet?

J03 fairly sure our positions as cool club elders were safe anyway. But hell to the yes, helps to packing this beast in pocket.

Have you got the 16GB or 32GB model?

edit: I see it's the 32GB model. Mutually! Have you Jailbroken it?

Not yet, gonna 4.0.1 it first

And the dell streak is a pretty nice device, had a play on one a few days ago, but i wouldn't ever want one over an iPhone

The streak is still on 1.6, but 2.1 is scheduled for release next month, and 2.2 sometime late this year.

That and the fact that it hates being held in portrait mode are my two main objections, but that screen makes it worth it.

If only AT&T had a version of the EVO...

EDIT: WTF? http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phone-sales/promotion/androidComingSoon.jsp They have screenshots of phones running HTC sense, and have HTC specifically named in the title, but they don't offer any of their phones.

If only AT&T had a version of the EVO...

Nope. Coworker showed the phone to me and it's absolutely atrocious.

EDIT: WTF? http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phone-sales/promotion/androidComingSoon.jsp They have screenshots of phones running HTC sense, and have HTC specifically named in the title, but they don't offer any of their phones.

Dude, stop bitching. Just get your damn phone and stop whining. AT&T has an excellent selection. If you don't believe that, head on over to T-Mobile or some other wireless provider.

Nope. Coworker showed the phone to me and it's absolutely atrocious.

What's wrong with it? I played with one a while back and found it to be a great phone. It's pretty much the flagship android phone right now.

AT&T has an excellent selection. If you don't believe that, head on over to T-Mobile or some other wireless provider.

AT&T most certainly does not have an excellent selection of android phones. Their options currently are : Motorola Backflip (android 1.5!), Samsung Captivate, and Dell aero (android 1.6).

And relax, I'm getting my phone as soon as the preorder goes up.

EDIT: They also have the HTC aria, but it wasn't showing up in my search for some reason. Okay, now that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom