New phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

foothead

Omnicide now.
So I have checked with AT&T, and Basically no matter what I do, I am stuck with a $30 data plan with a 2 year contract, even if I buy a secondhand phone. So I am just gonna get a brand new one through AT&T. My budget is $200. Currently, I am trying to decide between the Captivate (galaxy s) and iPhone 4. I would really rather the captivate over the iPhone 4 because I am left handed and hate phone cases, and because I really want that AMOLED screen. However, I have heard from a few reviews that the GPS is slow to acquire a signal, and tends to lag quite a bit.

Basically, I am stuck. Any help?

Btw, if anyone has a captivate (ahem, hemp) could you maybe go outside and test how long it takes to acquire satellites? This will be a big part in my decision since I plan to buy the navigon app and use it as a navigator. Btw I will give rep for any help with this.

Thanks in advance.

If you want a Samsung Captivate, go ahead and buy it.

Btw, if anyone has a captivate (ahem, hemp) could you maybe go outside and test how long it takes to acquire satellites? This will be a big part in my decision since I plan to buy the navigon app and use it as a navigator.

Are you for real?

Ummm yes I am for real. Nobody has given any numbers, they just said it was slow. Slow is relative.

The GPS is probably going to be the deciding factor.

Well I guess the captivate is out. I found a review where the reviewer timed it acquiring a signal at over a minute. He also noted that the signal dropped in and out. I guess it's iPhone 4 unless I can find something else. It's a shame they dropped the nexus one.

if u really cant wait to minute to acquire a signal from orbiting satellites from 500 miles up in space, your a bit needy arnt you?

just start up the GPS before u even get in the car..

if u really cant wait to minute to acquire a signal from orbiting satellites from 500 miles up in space, your a bit needy arnt you?

just start up the GPS before u even get in the car..

That isn't the point. If it takes a long time to acquire satellites, it generally means that the signal is weak. I can't have it dropping in and out or being horribly inaccurate.

Why would you use the AT&T navigate software that costs $10 a month, when you can just aquire tomtom 7 with built in maps. That's what I used on my old Tilt.

Why do you need to pay for Data? Just buy a cheap phone, and swap the sim into a phone you bought without a contract. That's what I did, and I have the Tilt 2. They still think I have an LG shine.

Then buy a GPS?

Oh come on now. Technology develops for a reason. If you bought a car, and the stereo was a pile of sh*t, then you wouldn't just ignore it and carry a ghetto blaster with you, would you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom