New pc running slow

Rogued

Baseband Member
Last year i did buy a new pc.512 mb ram. Pentium 4 3.0ghz.6600 geforce.2 harddrive of 80 gigs each.everything. Was running fine. Till last year october. My pc just frozed'.when i would watch videos ect it wil just freez for a half second.but i just thought that i should format and it wil be fine again.then this april my pc just suddenly got real slow and with in seconds my whole pc froze. And got blue screen that windows has been shut down to prevent damage.so took my drive out and try to get into it with one of my friends pc's' but had to format. So loaded windows again and it crashed again. Format. Again ect.so thought it was drive.got a ide drive and when ever i went into my secondary drive with that drive everything Slowed down. Long story short. Found out my sata controllers went. Thats why the ide drive worked fine.so had old motherboard.bought new mb with pci express slots new graphicscard ram ect'.new power supply.and its doing it again.freezing 4 seconds ect.this pc should run fast.what could it be?

Check you heatsink and cpu fan for dust, is your cpu fan running correctly.
if heatsinc is dusty clean between panels with a fine brush or hoover out.
What system temp?

Ok haven't check my fan or heatsink of my processor. My processor temperature is about 54 degrees. My new system is a gigabyte motherboard. Geforce 7300 gt. 512 mb ram. 400 wt a open power supply and then my old processor 3.0 ghz. And 80 gig harddrive. I think it should run pritty fast. Cause my last pc was fast until it started freezing. And what ever made my sata controllers say bye bye. I am afraid that it will make it happen again.with my new motherboard.

Back
Top Bottom