Network audio card

irishboym4

Beta member
I am trying to find a program or driver that will allow me to tranfer audio from one computer to another on a network in real time. i want to install a virtual sound card on one computer and a reciever of some sort on the client computer. The receiver computer would be a windows xp sp3 computer with a sound blaster live. the sending computer is a Macbook with osx leopard and windows xp sp3 bootcamp style. i want to send audio from the windows OS to the other computer so that i can play the music over my klipsch speakers instead of my macbook speakers that sound like crap. i use foobar2000 for my audio program and if i could get away with 4 channels of sound getting tranfered that would be even better. does anyone know of such thing existing?

The best solution that I have found is to store music on a network attached storage, then I can play it from any computer on my network. I use iTunes to play from the computers, and a buffalo linkTheater network media player to play music from the NAS to my home theater system.

You could configure a folder on one of your computers to share the music stored there with the rest of your network. That way you could access the music files from any computer on your network.

The best solution that I have found is to store music on a network attached storage, then I can play it from any computer on my network. I use iTunes to play from the computers, and a buffalo linkTheater network media player to play music from the NAS to my home theater system.

You could configure a folder on one of your computers to share the music stored there with the rest of your network. That way you could access the music files from any computer on your network.

i have already done that but it doenst allow me to push audio from my macbook to my desktop.

Back
Top Bottom