Go Back   Computer Forums > General Electricals
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-25-2007, 12:13 PM   #1
Golden Master
Send a message via AIM to Rubber314Chicken
Default looking for a flat screen, surround sound, and a vcr...

edit- no VCR...

Before we start, I want to attempt to keep price under $1000

So my sister decided that she wants to make our basement cooler, and me and my bro garbage picked a futon, I fixed it, and Santa brings us a futon mattress and cover for it, along with a ton of OSU stuff for the room, along with a DVD player. the TV sucks, and I can get gift cards to best buy to get one (well, I could get VISA gift cards, but best buy is easier) so I'm looking for a 720p tv no more than 30" maybe wide screen, it doesn't matter, and a 5.1 surrond sound system that will play true surround sound (i've read that some don't, and I'm no home theater nerd, but w/e) . We got a progressive scan DVD player (memorex) and it has component video out, but I don't think it is upscaling, and it is not HD or Bluray. So a surround sound system with a built in DVD player with upscaling would be nice. I want to be able to connect an XBOX, and the vcr to the surround sound system (have a good number of inputs) and I want digital inputs on the TV and surround sound system if possible.

Browsing the Best Buy web site, I found These:

but would that allow true surround sound (for all), HD cable (when it becomes standard), ant the xbox to all have surround sound (note that I only need HD for the DVD and TV, the xbox is 480i?

also, how would I do the connection from cable to tv with the audio going to the receiver? would I have to have headphone out to the input, or would it have digital audio output on the tv?
AMD Athlon 64X2 4200+, 2 GB ram, 2 TB HDD, Ubuntu+SAMBA ♫ Lenovo T410, i5@ 2.4 GHz, 4 GB ram, 7
Rubber314Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote