Ipods!

G35x

Golden Master
Anyone know how to skin ipods..I hate that white, I was hoping for like backgrounds, black and what not. I mean you think spending 300 on a mp3 player, they would supply some skins for you, obviouly not. Is there a simple clean way to do this. Maybe a site where you just download the skin, insert it into a folder, and you're done?

If not that, can someone point me to a forum where they have some nice guides and what not? Thanks!

Who ever moved it, I put it in the social lounge for a reason, this section is dead and we all know it..

If you stick linux on it, you totally erase the data on it. Trust me.. My friend tried it, and I never heard the end of him loosing his music.

Nah, I dont want a windows swap..I just want a nice custom theme..Its a 30gb video, how do I know which version I have..It says 4g 3g and 5g crap on the site..I just checked my "About" on the ipod, and it doesnt say anything..

G35x said:
Nah, I dont want a windows swap..I just want a nice custom theme..Its a 30gb video, how do I know which version I have..It says 4g 3g and 5g crap on the site..I just checked my "About" on the ipod, and it doesnt say anything..
My guess is it stand for generation, 4 generation 3rd generation 5 generation, i'm not sure what yours is though.

Im 5th gen, since its a video..The themes dont seem to promising, dont think I'll be doing it...

theres also a firmware called Rockbox (or something) which adds loads of features. You can replace the original with it, or even bootload with the old one too.

Is all this stuff safe? Because I saw a thread, and the guy was like man it takes forever to get it back to default

Its a hack. Like anything. i guess it carries risks. Best thing you can do is to back up first.
Anything to make the Ipod better..

Back
Top Bottom