iPod Video or Creative Vision:M?

lol sorry alvino but you dont have to be a fanboy to appreciate an almost perfect system, the clickwheel works...comftorably.

Yeah, I'm not saying the Click Wheel sucks. I've used it more than I can remember. It's nicely streamlined, and I like how all the buttons are integrated. Just be careful. Supposedly it could cause damage to your thumb, because the circular motion isn't a natural motion for your thumb.

ThisIsLondon.co.uk said:
First it was texter's thumb, closely followed by Blackberry cramp. Now experts are warning of the latest hitech ailment... iPod finger.

They say owners of the digital music player run the risk of permanent hand damage by changing songs too often using the iPod's central "click-wheel" control.

"This is a really serious problem," said Carl Irwin of the British Chiropractic Association. "The action needed to move the wheel on an iPod is totally unnatural and effectively separates the joint in the thumb every time you use it. This causes inflammation in the thumb or fingers and can be very painful. We have also seen cases of iPod users where the problem has spread to their elbow and neck.

"Once you have problems with the thumb or fingers, the whole of your posture can be affected."

ThisIsLondon.co.uk said:
Only a few cases have been reported in his Ealing practice so far, but Mr Irwin expects a lot more as users realise their discomfort is not going away. "In the next six months I expect to see a big rise in the number of people with RSIlike symptoms from using these gadgets," he said. "The condition can be extremely painful."

Mr Irwin said he is particularly worried about children using iPods for long periods, as their joints are still growing and extended usage could cause "problems they will not see until early adulthood". He called for Apple and other manufacturers of MP3 players to take RSI into account when designing devices.

Apple, which has sold over 27 million iPods worldwide, refused to comment on the warning, which is backed up by the views of some American experts.

"Handheld electronics may require prolonged grips, repetitive motion on small buttons and awkward wrist movements. This combination can lead to hand, wrist and arm ailments such as carpal tunnel syndrome and tendinitis," said Donna Stanton of the US Society of Hand Therapists.

ThisIsLondon.co.uk said:
HOW TO AVOID LATEST HI-TECH AILMENT

- Don't use your thumb to scroll. Instead hold the iPod in one hand, and use the finger of your other hand to move the wheel
- Use a neutral grip - the wrist straight, not bent
- Switch the hand you use to hold your iPod frequently
- Rather than choosing songs individually, set up a playlist, or simply put your iPod on shuffle mode so it chooses the music

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/londoncuts/articles/20898511?source=Evening Standard

LOL LOL LOL LOL, hahahahahahahaha oh no and listening to music with headphones causes deafness and jacking off causes blindness lol.

Hey asshole, why don't you go stick your iPod up where the sun don't shine. I would tell you to ram it the other side, but you probably have nothing there anyways. Idiot.

Back
Top Bottom