Go Back   Computer Forums > General Electricals
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 09-12-2006, 10:32 PM   #21
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to drumthrasher Send a message via MSN to drumthrasher Send a message via Yahoo to drumthrasher
Default Re: Ipod Nano

audio quality seems the same for everything...depends on the audio file i personally think...

Old 09-12-2006, 10:34 PM   #22
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to alvino

Well most won't notice a difference, but Creative and iAudio players do have better audio processing than iPods.

alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 12:15 AM   #23
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchi55
i know someone who broke their ipod video. cost to repair?.. 290 dollars.. lol, i never got an ipod before, i like the creative zens more.
wow my ipod broke before and cost to get it repaired.....nothing $0
ericf1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 12:19 AM   #24
Fully Optimized

I like ipods. I have a mini that i've had for about two years and I've ragged the heck out of it and I haven't had a single problem with it. I'm actually considering getting an ipod video since I like ipods so much
Old 09-13-2006, 04:25 AM   #25
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to Kage

I'll tell you this. I can tell the difference from one to the other.

I audio being the best, Then Creative, and then Ipod (well, there may even be some inbetween).

Iaudio wins though like I said, because of the extra onboard processing it provides, that actually improves the quality, rather than diminishes it like alot of plugins/features seem too on players.

Mac3Bass being the best feature I've seen, while still keeping the highs and middles seperate.

My ears are very senesitive to quality changes, and since I care about music, audio quality comes first, after the usual battery life stuff.
Yes, in a way I care about looks, but after a certain point, I don't.

Iaudio when I bought my Creative didn't have one out that was any better than the one I had previously, and the headphone socket broke on that when I dropped it after about 100 times, but I'd buy one again purely because the audio qualty blows anything else out of the water that I've heard, and would give my Senhisser PX100 headphones a work out
Old 09-13-2006, 03:24 PM   #26
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to drumthrasher Send a message via MSN to drumthrasher Send a message via Yahoo to drumthrasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy272
I like ipods. I have a mini that i've had for about two years and I've ragged the heck out of it and I haven't had a single problem with it. I'm actually considering getting an ipod video since I like ipods so much
they came out with a newer video...30gb are only $249 instead of $299, and they have a brighter screen.

woah!!! new nanos too!!!
http://www.apple.com/itunes/
Old 09-13-2006, 05:58 PM   #27
In Runtime

Send a message via AIM to Chainer Send a message via MSN to Chainer Send a message via Yahoo to Chainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvino
Well most won't notice a difference, but Creative and iAudio players do have better audio processing than iPods.
Exactly. And, I will be dead honest with you, determining the quality of the iPod by how many times you have dropped it, is not exactly the best solution to the equation.

I've dropped my cell phone many times and it still works, but that doesn't make it the best.

It is all based on personal opinion, however. People buy things based on what's 'cool,' not the quality of the product. It's all a marketing strategy by Apple to get you to buy....they GIVE iPods to celebrities to wear them, use them, and put them in their music videos or on actual iPod commercials, so that YOU the consumer will see this, react, and buy. That's about as elaborate I can get. And YOU, the consumer, are doing it because YOU think it is 'cool' because the celebrities have them or use them. Or, it's quite possible you got one because your friend got one, and the reason he got one was because HIS friend saw Snoop Dogg using one

It's all a marketing ploy, unfortunately TOO many people fall for it.
Chainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 06:39 PM   #28
Fully Optimized

well ipods are the best player no matter what anyone says...find me one better and why.
Old 09-13-2006, 06:50 PM   #29
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to mark thorpe Send a message via Yahoo to mark thorpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainer
Exactly. And, I will be dead honest with you, determining the quality of the iPod by how many times you have dropped it, is not exactly the best solution to the equation.
meh, im very careless with things like that.. and having an mp3 player as reliable as the ipod is a good thing.. build quality is basiclly how much punishment it can take, so yes, judging that by the amount of times it has been dropped is fine IMO..

Winston Churchill, 11/30/1874 - 01/24/1965
mark thorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 06:54 PM   #30
BSOD

Send a message via AIM to Trivium Nate

I dont like the Nano

Trivium Nate is offline   Reply With Quote