Intel PRO/Wireless 2100 3B Mini-PCI Adapter HELP PLEASE!!

mmyless

Beta member
Hello Everyone, (Operating off of Dell Latitude D505)

I recently had troubles with my computer and have come SO CLOSE to completely fixing the problems. It started with not using my computer for awhile and then finally booting it up and it looked and seemed as though everything was fine... I was on the internet doing everything i normally do and i got a prompt that said something like Windows is missing an important file: ..../system.. It said that i should put in the windows disk and locate the file but I was too lazy to search everywhere for the disk so i decided to just run a windows update. Nothing came of it until I restarted the computer later that day and I came across a black screen saying windows is missing the following file: .../system and I tried every type of boot I could but it wouldnt budge.

I finally decided to Reinstall windows on the same partition. Waa Laa everything is working fine until I discover I cant search the web even after configuring all my settings. Then I went to device manager and it had 5 exclamation points after 5 different network components... (Base System, Network Controller, Etc.), but the network adapter itself has no problems... So i decide to pop in the latitude driver disk and uninstall and reinstall everything but i still get the same exclamation points.

Then I decided to try one last thing... Download the firmware of the intel proset wireless software off a different computer with internet and put it on a cd and uninstall everything and reinstall everything. Everything uninstalls but when I try to reinstall I get the prompt: Intel(R) Proset for Wireless: Fail to load one of the network component.

What do I do? Is my network card fried ... or do i have some other options? If it is in fact fried can I get some advice on the cheapest way to get everything up and running as far as wireless internet goes?

Thanks a lot, I would appreciate the help.

-Myles

It's a known given fact that when you re-install windows, the new install won't enable some services that you will need enabled in order to get connected on the web.

if you go to start/ right click my computer / scroll down to manage / find services and double click that. once there look for all the sevices that have to do with internet connection and put set to automatic.

when a service in not running or enabled , it will not connect.

-good luck-

Back
Top Bottom