Inspiron 1150

smithers3628

Solid State Member
I have a Dell Inspiron 1150 and the power adapter on the back of the motherboard went bad. I understood that this was a regular thing and since I have a neighbor who is more than qualified to put on and take off items from motherboards I decided to do it myself. I took apart the laptop peice by peice and then had the part changed. I got the computer back together and when i turned it on I had no screen. Everything else seemed to boot just fine but I could not see what was going on. I took off the keyboard, checked that the monitor cable was attached correctly, and replaced the keyboard. I turned it on again and I had nothing. No lights saying that it is charging, no booting of any parts, and certainly no screen.

I was wondering if anyone has ever had this problem before and if so how did they fix it? If anyone has any ideas of any kind I would be glad to hear them.

Thanks in advance for everyone's help.

Well I have an update on my situation. I took everything apart again and put it back together and carefully inspected everything and now when I plug it in I at least get the lights to blink and acknowledge the fact that it is plugged in but I cannot get it to charge. When I pull out the battery and try to turn it on I get a constant blinking light on the power and battery icons. I was wondering if this will help anyone with giving my computer a diagnosis/prognosis.

my best guess is that the plug wasn't installed right or it may have the wrong configuration for your adapter

Back
Top Bottom