Go Back   Computer Forums > General Electricals
Join Computer forums Today

Old 05-28-2008, 06:12 PM   #1
Fully Optimized
Send a message via AIM to ߧ∩H♠H䎀
Default How do I configure my BT headset to my computer?

I purchased a Plantronics Voyager 510 a few weeks ago to use with my At&t Tilt and my home computer. I have it paired fine with my cell but its giving me problems with my computer.

I didn't buy the one with the full adapter I just bought the headset verizon. I have a Logitech Mx5000 Keyboard Mx1000 mouse combo that has a bluetooth hub that I'm currently trying to pair it with. This hub supports like 8 devices so I know its finding it and displaying it.

I've went through the setup fine and it recognizes the device and names it as PLT 510 just like on my phone. I click next and it prompts for some different passkey options. I used the default 0000 passkey per manual and it connects to the device without a problem.

After which it prompts for me to install the device driver. Now here is the problem. I don't have a disc or any type of software for it to install. So I get a message stating the device won't function correctly until I install the device driver.

I tried having windows find a driver for it but it doesn't locate anything. If I go into control panel and look under Bluetooth devices its in there and connected but going into the sound setup I don't find it under recording devices.

Am I looking in the wrong place? Basically what I want to do is setup the headset for Vista's speech recognition and to use it also in games online.
ߧ∩H♠H䎀 is offline   Reply With Quote