Home Theater System

Clutch1

In Runtime
Well, I am getting together everything I need to move out (before I move since I won't have the money when I do!! LOL!!!) and I'm trying to get my home theater system situated for my GF and I. We've decided to go with Samsung products. We picked out this tv:

50-000-402-03.JPG

Samsung PPM42M5S Black 42" 16:9 Wide Screen Plasma Monitor.

I was looking thru the site (www.newegg.com) and found this also:

82-102-029-02.JPG

Samsung HT-P1200 Premium Home Theater with Powered Sub, SACD playback.

Just wanna know what you all think and if you have any suggestions or comments.

Thanks!

i love the classic cars myself..."oh yeah" !!

anyhoo, so that's a nice set up Clutch, i can't wait to move up to a 50" LCd monitor and upgrade the main reciever from 700 to 1000watts, i just enjoy movies better with more real power...

I know samsung makes great great televisions but im not entirely sure about their home audio. What i do know is that Samsung is generally a fairly reputable company so i think most if not all of their products are decent.

And cool to know you are a classic car enthusiast. I've got a '71 Chevelle SS. I'm in love with the muscle car era.

Have you though about going down the seperate routes? I.e AV received, speakers, dvd etc? It costs more but gives better quality and upgradability in the future.

David Lindon said:
Have you though about going down the seperate routes? I.e AV received, speakers, dvd etc? It costs more but gives better quality and upgradability in the future.

As mentioned above, my forte, so-to-speak, is cars. The most expansive thing I have done regarding sound systems is hardwired a jeep head unit into an 83 s-10 blazer and ran all new speaker wires.

I'm not sure exactly what you're saying here, but it sounds Greek to me. (insert confused smilie here) LOL!!

Like I said, I started this to get some imput from you guys and gals on what kind of set up I should go with. What brand speakers, specific set ups any of you have had success with. Critique me in any way and tell me truthfully what you think I should do. You probably know a lot more than I do about this.

I always prefered BOSE sound systems for home entertainment..Some may say they're overated, and sound no better then the rest, but I think not..I really like bose, the sound is great, samsung was never really know for speakers, but its all up yo you, and how important sound is, also money..I think the bose setups are a bit pricy, not to sure myself.

Yeah, BOSE is crazy! I'm Working on getting one of those BOSE things for my GF's IPOD. We checked it out at the Apple store in the mall, thing has crazy sound for something so small. I'll def check into those. Is there something I should look for in the system itself, like wireless, wired, anything? I really know just shy of squat about these things.

Sorry, Im clueless as you are...They usually only have 1-3 packages available, so it should be easy..Prooly differences in speaker amoounts and what not..

Back
Top Bottom