HELP!!! Camera issues...

Combat_Wombat

Daemon Poster
ok basically my camera was dropped while at a big night out last night (where i got a GF i think) and theres some photos of me and my mates drunk as skunks there as well as this chick that im now going out with... so as u can guess id kinda REALLY like to get the photos onto the computer.

now what i have is a crappy unit. brand is Easy Point & Click (as if that dont sound dodgy already) and the software provided allows for a small preview window for the photos before they are put into temp storage on the computer. from the temp storage (which is unorganised and unaccessable for files to send and so on) they are then sent to the Album, where the .jpg or .bmp files are created to send and what not.

now, the problem i have is this:

the preview window before they are uploaded shows the picture as good to go. its fine.
when the image is uploaded into the temp storage it comes out as a smear of colours going horizontaly across instead of what it should be.

its also missing photo number 9 (all photos are stored numerically) and stops when it gets to 8 and the next number being 10 wont load at all though its still there. and some of the others too will load weird not just the entire first 8.

neway, what im wondering (after having pulled the camera appart and found nothing that i can see to be physically wrong with it internally) is is there a way to get these images off the camera other than the standard software? surely its similar to say a flash disk or something (because it has 128MB internal memory) so there should be something surely that u can use to open up the contents of the memory to see what it contains.

thats my dilema, cheers to all who can help.

Uhh to what extend is the camera physically damaged? do you use a meory card, sd card or has it got a memory of its own?

well its not physically damaged that i can see. i took it apart (carefully) and its looking fine... though i dont know what to look for, itd have to be pretty obvious i think for me to notice its broken.

i think its just that it was dropped and something has happened to the memory, its been jumbled or something.

ive tested the cables too thinking that it might have been them, and its not. every time i transfer a group of files its always the SAME pics that are bad. ive also thought that it might be the camera sending information. when u put it to live streaming it was fine. i took pictures to test the data storage, theyre fine, they transferred fine.

so im not sure what the go is. i really DONT want to erase these pictures.

Hmm sry i'm not very good at digital camera i just know hwo to use them lol
I think it may be a bad connection between wires or a scratch on the chip
Not sure :(

thats cool mate, at least u tried. cant ask for more than that.

i dont think the chip could be scratched, theres nothing in there to scratch it with.

the connections are fine too.

Back
Top Bottom