Headset is giving me a headache
I've recently run into a problem w/ my Headset I was hoping you folks could help me out with. The problem is that it isn't playing any sound through the device. The microphone on the headset is also not functioning. Heres a small compilation of what I've attempted to do to resolve this.
- I plugged the headset into another comp to see if it functioned and it did perfectly.
- Plugged a different headset into my comp, as with my headset it did not function.
- Plugged a different USB device into my port to see if the port was done, but my USB Flashdrive worked just fine.
- Onboard soundcard looks fine.
- Checked volume control, device manager, my 3rd party audio program that came w/ my Logitech Headset to make sure nothing is muted. Nothing is.
- Ran dxdiag to see if it was recognizing a sound card, which it is.
- Tried updating both my destop speaker drivers and the headset drivers, both were up to date.
- Went to Audio Properties and changed my sound configuration from 2 speaker desktop to headphones. This resulted in no change, sound still broadcast from my speakers not the phones.
The weird thing is that when I plug them into the USB port my Compy makes a confirmation noise over the desktop speakers that a device has been plugged in. When using my headset usually this noise is played over them when they're being plugged in. It seems like my comp recognizes that they're there, but refuses to play sound through them. Does anyone have any advice?