graphic card issue!!

boarding00n

Beta member
Hey, I am new to the site and am having a slight issue with the gc.

so, 2 days ago my card just started to ov. no signs of anything going in that direction before hand. I have the ati utility installed and so it warns me when it gets up to 110 F. I dont know why it is getting so hot when it has never given me an issue since I purchased it.

I have a ATi 1650 Pro.

I havent had time to play with it, not even check to see if the fan is working or not. I just opened up the case and put a small desk fan I have in front of the card and it runs nice at 70 F.

so, lets say that it is just the fan. would I be able to get a gc cooler and that would be enough to get it under 70 and have it run safely even though the cards actual fan might not be working??

thanx

anyone??

Graphics cards are designed to take higher temps. Most higher end GPUs idle at around 38-45c. Your well in range if your peaking out at 110F during games. Even if the 110F is your idle temps your still fine. If you want it cooler then get better air flow in case, lower room temps and or replace cooler on gpu

Graphics cards are designed to take higher temps. Most higher end GPUs idle at around 38-45c. Your well in range if your peaking out at 110F during games. Even if the 110F is your idle temps your still fine. If you want it cooler then get better air flow in case, lower room temps and or replace cooler on gpu

well the thing is, when it hits 110F it beeps as a sign of being to hot and shortly after the pc shuts down as a precautionary measure.

I still have not had time to toy around with the card but, it just started acting up like this not long ago. and its hitting these temps when the pc is just idle.

Is your computer well ventilated or dusty? I know if the power supply gets too hot it will shut the computer down to prevent damage.

So if your not well ventilated your graphics card could heat your computer up and cause it to shut down.

Back
Top Bottom