Flip video, or other mini video cams?

CoolRabbit

Baseband Member
I am looking to buy a very small video camera like the Flip or something similar that i can carry around easily, but still takes good/HD quality video. On Amazon I read tons of terrible reviews about the problems with the Flip camera, and was wondering if anyone here had any personal experience with a mini-camcorder that is good or bad?

Most of them are going to have terrible quality, the flip being among the worst I have ever seen. I suggest investing in a real camcorder.

Make sure it's 1080p. Most are 720.

I have a very high-end HD Sony camera, but wanted something very small that I can carry around easily - these videos wouldn't need to be super quality, just good enough to view on the computer for educational purposes. I was more worried about issues people have complained about in their reviews with unreliability, bad batteries, fragile lenses, etc. I need one that is fairly sturdy as it will be used with horses quite often.

If i where you i wouldn't even buy a flip or any small video camera like that, i would buy like a sony video camera or something, those flips don't have much quality

If i where you i wouldn't even buy a flip or any small video camera like that, i would buy like a sony video camera or something, those flips don't have much quality

Um...I did mention in my previous post that I already have a high-quality Sony HD video camera. I need something ultra-portable and it doesn't have to be super quality, just something decent.

You have need to compare all brand video camera before baying it. and make sure which company video camera fulfil all you requirement.

You can find point and shoot cameras that have movie function for a reasonable cost. I took a quick look at some at the best Buy site and found this one out of many in the 100.00 dollar range > http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Nikon+-...+Red/9765091.p?id=1218169694293&skuId=9765091
I personally have a Panasonic vid cam that's about the size of 2 packs of smokes. It had a 40gig drive built in with a slot for a SD card. It's not too shabby in low light either. Here's the review I did for it at my place > http://www.computervitals.com/forum/panasonic_sdr_h40-t11826.html

Back
Top Bottom