A few questions

Atomix1

Beta member
Okay, so I am having a couple of problems with my computer that are starting to get me annoyed.

The main one: My internet breaks, but only when I'm downloading a file, and only for this computer. I can be on AIM, MSN, Xfire, and play online multiplayer games without it breaking, but downloading files always just breaks the internet, and the ONLY way to fix it is to restart it, so if I'm downloading a Half Life 2 mod or something, and it gets like, halfway through, sometimes even up to 99%, and my internet just stops, and like I said, just for this computer, I've tried ipconfig /release and then ipconfig /renew in the command prompt, and it never works, and resetting the router doesn't work, the only way to fix it is restarting the computer, and then I have to boot up my laptop, download the file there and transfer it over. It's not a virus or anything because I've reformatted my computer and still had the problem. Could it be a driver or bios problem?

Annoying: I keep getting BSOD-ed. I don't know why? I have 2 GB of DDR II memory, and I get it for no reason. I'll get it by like, opening a video or something, and sometimes when it sits idle, it'll just get it, and the CPU usage is usually only around 7% when it happens. Could I just have crappy memory sticks? I'm not sure what brand they are, but I can check if you need me to. This also happens even right after a reformat, so it could also be in the bios right?

And last but not least: A lot of times when playing games, which I do a lot because I'm a gamer, I get errors, like, randomly, it'll just close the game and give me an error, that or just close the game randomly, no error, just, closes. The only game it doesn't do that with is Counter Strike: Source? I don't understand why it would do that. I'm not sure if that could be a virus of some sort, but I'm pretty sure my computer is completely clean.

And I also was wondering, how would I go about scanning BIOS, my brother has mentioned something about scanning bios for corruptions or something before, but he's busy, and doesn't live with me, so I can't really ask him for help. I have googled it, and I know it's possible, but can't figure out how.

And lastly, I want someone to suggest a registry cleaner, I have one, and it's decent, but I just want some suggestions, and no not free, I'm actually willing to pay for stuff unlike most people.

Now for my computer statistics:

It's a customized Ibuypower computer
Windows XP Pro SP 2
Intel Core2 CPU 6200 - 2.13 GHz
SLI Enabled, dual PCI Express NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GSs
2 GB Corsair memory
300 GB seta hard drive, not sure of make/model, but I'll find out if need be
NZXT Silentpower pro 2.0 Power Supply
Dolby Digital Surround Sound Sound card
I'm not completely sure what the Motherboard is, but if need be, I can probably open it up and find out.

I think that's everything, any help on any of my problems would be much appreciated.

thanks much

It could be any # of things why your connections is being broken.

I would have to say that this is probably a spyware or maleware problem...try scanning for them in safe mode.

2nd what OS are you using ?

and 3rd, I would get a download manager that let's you pickup where you left off from, even if the connection is broken. the d/l manager let's you continue where it left off.

just google download managers, and look for one that lets you continue the d/l after it was disrupted or broken.

Using XP SP2, and I'm not currently at that computer, but I'll definitally scan it when I get home, thanks for the help

It could be your ISP breaking your connection, for example BT cut there internet connection every 2 hours on people downloading stuff that was the reason why I went to tiscali.

that must suck but anyway i got fios and i love it :D
But i would maybe check the Cables that connect your computer to the internet if there bad than that could b a problem but like ~mr mixx~ said it could b many problems.

Back
Top Bottom