Drivers for Asus Zenfone 5 ( Windows 10 )

korat2000

Beta member
I have an ASUS ZENFONE 5 and I want to establish a computer computer connection but am having troubles with the drivers for Windows 10.
As shown in the attached file The 2 drivers are not working and I get this message in the properties:
"This device cannot start. (Code 10) The specified request is not a valid operation for the target
device."
The drivers were downloaded from the Asus website and when I try to "update" it tells me that I
already have the latest drivers.
Any suggestions on how to solve this problem will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• device manager.jpg
    device manager.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 3
Well I'm no expert on these things but 2 things spring to mind. Firstly Asus are abysmal with their drivers. I was involved in another thread on here trying to find Win 10 drivers for an Asus machine with absolutely no luck. The other thing is that your picture of device manager shows that your USB controllers device list is open. That could mean that there is a problem with your USB which is below the part of the device manager you are showing. I am assuming that your Asus Zenfone connects via USB so could there be a problem there perhaps. I know this is drastic but in the not too distant past I have got around Windows 10 driver issues by doing a clean install rather than an upgrade. Obviously I don't know which way you installed Win 10 so that is just a suggestion.

I agree with you - I always do a clean install rather than an upgrade - and that is what I did here too. Apart from that I have the same problem with my laptop where I have just changed the hdd and installed windows 10. As for the usb controllers, they are all ok but and problem with any of them would mean a problem with any device that is connected to that port and not specific to Asus drivers I assume.

I agree with you - I always do a clean install rather than an upgrade - and that is what I did here too. Apart from that I have the same problem with my laptop where I have just changed the hdd and installed windows 10. As for the usb controllers, they are all ok but and problem with any of them would mean a problem with any device that is connected to that port and not specific to Asus drivers I assume.

Yes but as I couldn't see why that list was open I thought it was worth a mention.

Back
Top Bottom