digital cameras?

kchi55

Fully Optimized
I'm looking to buy a digital camera, I have one right now, but it's really below par, 3.0 mega pixels I think? Well, I want to buy one so that I could start taking pictures for the school yearbook, and I think that getting into photography wouldn't be all that bad. The problem is I haven't a clue as to how to judge the quality of a camera other than the amount of mega pixels. So can someone whose knowledgeable in this area of electronics tell me what to look for when I choose a camera? Also a list of reliable companies would be good.

Thanks.

You want good camera. Check something about 5.1mp. Great balance between price/quality.

Sony, has a GREAT camera thats 5.1mp. I forget the model but oh well. Dual it with a 1gb flash card and your in business.

We have a Canon Powershop 5.1mp and this is what size pics it takes..

I can upload a picture and show you the quality if you like.

the higher the number of pixels the bigger the picture will be and the higher the quality usually. i would suggest a good 5-6mp camera... i have a cheap 6mp casio camera and the pictures are quite good but id rather have a decent 5mp camera instead

I think canon cameras are good quality; all the reviews on the web seem to point to that.. NEVER get a Kodak, especially an EasyShare (which is what I have now); they're total crap. Megapixels are important to look at, but I'd also be aware of how well it zooms, and especially how stable the pictures turn out. That's what my camera lacks; it takes HORRIBLE pictures in anything but broad daylight, unless you had a tripod, an immoble subject, and lots of patience. The mp on the camera is ok (like 4 or something), but it has a really poor zoom (you can zoom out but not in XD).. There, end of rant. Basically, mp isn't all that you should look at, and stay away from Kodak.

freestyler105 said:
I have a Sony, it's really nice, small enough to have in your pocket, but it still has a viewfinder besides the screen. 6 Megapixels, so it's more than high enough quality. The zoom is decent, can't complain, but isn't anything special. For the size of it, you can't really have optical zoom that's very good.

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INT...ategoryName=dcc_DIDigitalCameras_megapixels_7

i have an older model of the cybershot...5.1MP and its great...no complaints here but then again im not a camera enthusiast.

its has all the different modes I need to take pictures in different envirnments and everything so yeah id recommend a cybershot...balance of cost and quality~

Back
Top Bottom