Go Back   Computer Forums > General Electricals
Join Computer forums Today

Old 02-08-2006, 03:48 AM   #11
In Runtime
Default Re: Digital Cameras

I have the Olympus Evolt E-500...

Inncredible camera. My budy has a new Canon Rebel digital (i forget the model name) and that camera is awesome too. My camera has a crap load of features and lots of good technology.

I would say it depends on your needs... but if you want something nice go with a Canon, Nikon, Olympus or something along those lines. There are lots of great deals out there. I got my camera with two lenses and a 1GB card, lense hoods, a case (a real nice one) strap and all this other shit. Good luck.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ / DFI Lanparty UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert NVIDIA Socket 939 / FX GeForce 7800 GT 256MB GDDR3 / 2x1GB of G.Skill PC4000 DDR500 F1-4000USU2 / 19" Kingston LCD / 550 W ULTRA X-2 PSU / JBL 5.1 / PS CS2.0 / 120 G 7200RPM I also have an Olympus Evolt E-500 digital camera and 9" WS portable DVD player.
LukeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 04:28 AM   #12

In my opinion, i would go for an Ixus 50 or 750 for an every day point and shoot. Or for the more serious photographer a Nikon D-50 or the Olympus E-500. When buying a digital camera please please please please please dont assume more pixels better picture, that is wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes the amount of pixels does contribute to the picture quality a slight bit, but it mainly depends on the lense (good lenses like carl zeiss on Sony cameras/camcorders) type and structure and in the higher end cameras it also depends on the type of sensor in the camera alot of the new high end cameras either come with a 3CCD sensor or a super CCD. The Fuji s5600 which is a mid-range camera comes with a super CCD and that gives a nice image.

But all in all it depends what type of camera you want a standard digital camera or SLR. Also consider your range so if you want to take marco shots and windeangle consider an SLR so u can use different lenses.

Let us know which camera you go for.

Also consider: Canon EOS 20D and the Canon rebel XT!

matt_999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 05:43 PM   #13
Golden Master
Send a message via MSN to mark thorpe Send a message via Yahoo to mark thorpe

i have the sony cybershot 7.0, its a brilliant camera, and i got it as a refurbished camera, so it was cheaper than the 5.0 i went in to buy, lol. i really like that camera, and the main reason i was getting a digi camera was to use for scuba diving, as its good to use underwater, and with the gig memory card ive got, can take a decent amout of video too. i prefer it to the canon i had before, but that one was only a 3.0. and it was a couple of years old... any digi camera will be good, but my preference is with sony.
'I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.'

Winston Churchill, 11/30/1874 - 01/24/1965
mark thorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 06:16 PM   #14
In Runtime

Do you want professional quality; compact camera, or what use will you use it for?
Impruv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 10:09 PM   #15
Fully Optimized
Send a message via AIM to -Paul- Send a message via MSN to -Paul-

Originally Posted by rusbo.uk
Canon EOS-1D Mark II
i have my friends EOS 20D in my room right now

that thing is so nice, it makes me scared...

-Paul- is offline   Reply With Quote