Go Back   Computer Forums > General Electricals
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 05-10-2011, 10:04 AM   #1
Beta Member

Question Digital camera and USB problems

Hello,
Can someone help me on this please? I'm experiencing trouble using my camera and USB card reader, both of them don't work.

I have a Kodak Easyshare digital camera full up with photos. For ages I've not been able to upload any of the pictures using the camera's software onto the computer. When I plug the camera to the pc, it doesn't recognise anything now. Nothing happens anymore but in the past the camera did work. Now for a year it hasn't worked and I can't upload pictures on there. I can't use it

I mentioned this on a forum, and someone told me that a USB card reader will help transfer pictures from camera to PC. I found good reviews about it and ordered a USB card reader but it didn't come with any instructions. I couldn't find a step-by-step guide online so I have to guess. Btw I'm not very technical.

I've put the card into the camera, and the gallery shows black. When I slot the card into the USB port and put it into the pc, nothing happens. Maybe I didn't do it right?

Can anyone show me?

I use Windows XP.

Ta!

CattyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 01:22 PM   #2
Solid State Member

Default Re: Digital camera and USB problems

Hello,
Can someone help me on this please? I'm experiencing trouble using my camera and USB card reader, both of them don't work.

I have a Kodak Easyshare digital camera full up with photos. For ages I've not been able to upload any of the pictures using the camera's software onto the computer. When I plug the camera to the pc, it doesn't recognise anything now. Nothing happens anymore but in the past the camera did work.now, more than 6months has past & still it doesn't work.So,I can't upload the pictures on there.

henryfayols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 01:59 PM   #3
Baseband Member

Default Re: Digital camera and USB problems

deinstall all software for the camera. then reinstall it, try then . if not go to kodaks site and download the latest software. now one other thing is it may b the cable if so buy cheap from ebay cards can become corrupt , c if anyone has another reader or camera that takes the card then c if u c the pics if the camera or other reader reads it its the reader not the card. if the card is spoilt u may need a new one. depending on the cost and importance of the photoes u may want to start with a new hidef cam.

god bless u ib jesus name raju
praer4life is offline   Reply With Quote