Dell Axim X3i Pocket PC: Help And Advice Wanted

The_Lucas

Daemon Poster
I have a Dell Axim X3i that has a failing backup battery. My question is, how can I replace it? In the Power control panel, (running Windows Mobile 2003 SE) it says that the backup battery is Normal. Yet, at other times (like after 5 minutes) it says it is failing. I've left it charging overnight (past the required 4 hours) with no luck. The backup battery is supposed to keep the Pocket PC alive in sleep mode while interchanging the battery.
My other question is, Can I put another OS on it? I think I can put Linux on it, but I would like a newer version of Windows Mobile (it is currently running 2003 SE). The Pocket PC's processor speed is 624 MHz, it has 64 MB ROM, 64 MB RAM, and I have a 256 MB SD card in it (to see the full specs, go to Wikipedia).
In conclusion, my questions are:
1. How do I change the backup battery?
2. What is the list of Windows Mobile OSs that this can support?

I appreciate any help or advice.

Just had to charge it more :)
Works now!!

I'd be suspicious of this - if you have to charge it much more than the required time then chances are it's still failing.

What distribution of linux do you want to put on it? I daresay you could, but one with a graphical environment not designed for mobile usage would most likely be worse rather than better!

Well, I've been able to change the battery without losing my data. works for me.

Back
Top Bottom