Connecting To WIFI

isleofthanet

Beta member
Hello,
As a complete newcomer to android phones and an oap it has taken me six months to understand the basics of operating my Moto C budget phone.
I want to connect to WIFI but i have to tap onto a network but which one do i choose and also i have to enter a password but what password is that?
Hope you can help.
Regards
Alan

I'm afraid that you cannot just tap into any network, that is illegal unless you are in a coffee shop or library or similar that gives you free wifi. if that is where you are then the proprieter of the premiseis will tell you the connection details. If you are trying to connect in your home then you will need a router and a paid for internet connection.

No doubt someone will come along and say that you can connect to, lets say, a neighbour's wi fi if they have given you permission. You cannot that is illegal. It is illegal in UK, USA, Australia and probably every where else.

Basically you should choose an open network or a network of which you know the password and, as mentioned by pete, only if you obtained the password in a legitimate way.

If you are trying to connect to your home network, whoever installed it should have given you the information you need. If they didn't, call them up and ask them about it.

Basically you should choose an open network or a network of which you know the password and, as mentioned by pete, only if you obtained the password in a legitimate way.

If you are trying to connect to your home network, whoever installed it should have given you the information you need. If they didn't, call them up and ask them about it.

I am with Plusnet for my desktop pc and 02 for my phone so that doesnt make any difference then?

I am with Plusnet for my desktop pc and 02 for my phone so that doesnt make any difference then?

Of course it makes a difference but, unfortunately, you omitted to tell us that in your OP.

The password you need is the WIFI password. (sometimes called wireless access or words to that effect) It will be on a label on the back of your router. The network that you need to choose will also be on that label and is called SSID or network name.

The O2 bit for your phone makes no difference to connecting to your WIFI it is the Plusnet Router wireless password and the router SSID or network name that you need and these will be printed on your router.

Back
Top Bottom