Computer keeps shutting down

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjeilman

Beta member
I am getting so tired of this. I had a computer in my office (OS-Windows XP Pro) that had lost 4 mother boards and 2 hard drives. During all of this fun, I purchased a UPS, of which I plugged this computer into and one other. The second computer has worked just fine. I became so fed up with the first computer that I tossed it and bought a Gateway (OS-Windows Vista). Now the Gateway is turning off by itself (sometimes giving me the blue screen, and sometimes not). What is happening? It is becoming harder and harder to not blame the employee using it! The only programs being used on the computer are Microsoft Office, ATX tax program, and Quickbooks Premier. Other than that the employee plays solitaire every once in a while! Please help. If I need to provide more info, let me know.

Thanks

were a computer shop based in Clovelly called Local Geek

I am getting so tired of this. I had a computer in my office (OS-Windows XP Pro) that had lost 4 mother boards and 2 hard drives. During all of this fun, I purchased a UPS, of which I plugged this computer into and one other. The second computer has worked just fine. I became so fed up with the first computer that I tossed it and bought a Gateway (OS-Windows Vista). Now the Gateway is turning off by itself (sometimes giving me the blue screen, and sometimes not). What is happening? It is becoming harder and harder to not blame the employee using it! The only programs being used on the computer are Microsoft Office, ATX tax program, and Quickbooks Premier. Other than that the employee plays solitaire every once in a while! Please help. If I need to provide more info, let me know.

Thanks

okay, i assume you have the same gateway as me..because mine has the exact same problem, well did. its due to bad air circulation, making the gpu/cpu overheat and then the computer automatically responds by shutting itself off. the cases for these new gateways with the microatx mobos suck. Get it a new case or even easier, or slap a fan next to it, thats how i fixed mine.

thats wicked wierd, my bad guys, i was checking new posts and usualy my new posts are highlighted black and bolded...and it was..lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom