Go Back   Computer Forums > General Electricals
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 04:07 PM   #1
Beta Member

Default Computer keeps shutting down

I am getting so tired of this. I had a computer in my office (OS-Windows XP Pro) that had lost 4 mother boards and 2 hard drives. During all of this fun, I purchased a UPS, of which I plugged this computer into and one other. The second computer has worked just fine. I became so fed up with the first computer that I tossed it and bought a Gateway (OS-Windows Vista). Now the Gateway is turning off by itself (sometimes giving me the blue screen, and sometimes not). What is happening? It is becoming harder and harder to not blame the employee using it! The only programs being used on the computer are Microsoft Office, ATX tax program, and Quickbooks Premier. Other than that the employee plays solitaire every once in a while! Please help. If I need to provide more info, let me know.

Thanks

Old 11-01-2008, 12:57 PM   #2
BSOD

Default Re: Computer keeps shutting down

Virus, most likely. But I have never been fond of gateway. It could be hardware faliure

Old 01-05-2009, 10:59 PM   #3
BSOD

Smile Re: Computer keeps shutting down

were a computer shop based in Clovelly called Local Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeilman View Post
I am getting so tired of this. I had a computer in my office (OS-Windows XP Pro) that had lost 4 mother boards and 2 hard drives. During all of this fun, I purchased a UPS, of which I plugged this computer into and one other. The second computer has worked just fine. I became so fed up with the first computer that I tossed it and bought a Gateway (OS-Windows Vista). Now the Gateway is turning off by itself (sometimes giving me the blue screen, and sometimes not). What is happening? It is becoming harder and harder to not blame the employee using it! The only programs being used on the computer are Microsoft Office, ATX tax program, and Quickbooks Premier. Other than that the employee plays solitaire every once in a while! Please help. If I need to provide more info, let me know.

Thanks
Old 01-05-2009, 11:16 PM   #4
Fully Optimized

okay, i assume you have the same gateway as me..because mine has the exact same problem, well did. its due to bad air circulation, making the gpu/cpu overheat and then the computer automatically responds by shutting itself off. the cases for these new gateways with the microatx mobos suck. Get it a new case or even easier, or slap a fan next to it, thats how i fixed mine.

PokerDegenerate: Don't listen to these guys, I like the IDE makes it look vintage like a 68 Camaro SS...
Old 01-05-2009, 11:18 PM   #5
Site Team

Its a 3 month old thread mate.
Piss off George Monks = gmcrepair? YES, YES it was.
Yeah he likes to boost his count.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:19 PM   #6
Fully Optimized

thats wicked wierd, my bad guys, i was checking new posts and usualy my new posts are highlighted black and bolded...and it was..lol

PokerDegenerate: Don't listen to these guys, I like the IDE makes it look vintage like a 68 Camaro SS...
Old 01-05-2009, 11:20 PM   #7
Site Team

Thats because the spammer bumped the thread.
Piss off George Monks = gmcrepair? YES, YES it was.
Yeah he likes to boost his count.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:23 PM   #8
Fully Optimized

my bad my bad

Closed Thread