Cingular is no more...from now on, AT&T Wireless

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
Since it's acquisition of Bell South, AT&T are making the push to be number one with it's competitior Verizon following closely behind them as well as Time Warner in the telecom industry. ALready owning Cingular wireless, they will drop their name to become AT&T Wireless:

AT&T to phase out Cingular brand
http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1035_22-6149743.html

Next up, cellular streaming technology. It's the latest and greatest stuff. VCast, MobiTV, etc. I have to do a presentation on this stuff for class. Tough subject to cover since there's so much to talk about.

What happens now with the iPhone it used to say "Cingular" in the upper left of the screen all the time i guess they have to change it now

TRDCorolla said:
I hear that the new Apple iPhone is not compatible with AT&T/Cingular network.

Where'd you hear that? Cause what I've read is that the iPhone is being made exclusively for Cingular...

As for the Cingular in the top left corner, I'm pretty sure that somehow, someway they'll find someone who will be able to switch that to AT&T...just my guess. I don't think that'll be much of a drawback to the phone's production... :p

I phone is made exclusevly for cingular, it requires a 2 year subscription and still costs $599 for the 8GB model.... I personally think its a friggen rip off

Back
Top Bottom