Busted Touchpad

NervousLarry

Baseband Member
I have a Compaq F730US Notebook. Last night I stupidly used some Windex to clean the keyboard and touchpad (I've done this before). I guess this time some Windex got into the touchpad, because now it's kind of messed up. I say kind of because my touchpad works fine, I can move the pointer around no problem, but both click buttons are screwey: sometimes they do not work at all, and sometimes the left click will work- but pull down the right click menu button. Sometimes the left click works but holds down whatever I click. The tap on the touchpad does not work at all.

So I'm assuming my stupidity has shorted my mouse or messed it up or whatever. What I want to know is basically how much of a hassle is it to get these things fixed? should I just leave it and use an external mouse? Is it worth it to shell out the inevitable ridiculous amount of money to send this back to compaq to get the pad replaced?

BTW, my warranty JUST expired, so that's out of the question.

I would leave it for a day or two, It might start working again. Otherwise, I'd sent it to your local computer repair shop... They MIGHT be able top do somthing.

Back
Top Bottom