Go Back   Computer Forums > General Electricals
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-12-2017, 04:43 AM   #11
Fully Optimized

Default Re: Android RAM usage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMD_man View Post
Yes I actually wanted to get that one (P2a42 or something right?), But it's not yet on sale here. Shame. Seems like the most efficient option.

Has anyone tried a Xiaomi? I've been looking at their hardware and it's pretty good for the price. I've used ported MIUI custom ROMs in the past but never had a Xiaomi.
I looked into the Xiaomis a bit too but had concerns about the difference in LTE bands between here and China so didn't bother looking into it any more - phone itself looks alright though!

i5 4210M || 500GB Samsung EVO 850 SSD || GeForce 825M || 16GB DDR3 RAM || Windows 10 x64
joedaman633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 10:28 AM   #12
In Runtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedaman633 View Post
I looked into the Xiaomis a bit too but had concerns about the difference in LTE bands between here and China so didn't bother looking into it any more - phone itself looks alright though!
Aghh I forgot about that! Apparently the Note 3 will not work with my country's bands. You just saved me $400!... I think.

According to Willmyphonework.com, it won't work, but if I check the bands in my country (according to my carrier, 1900MHz (band 2)), and the phone supports 1900MHz (band 2? I'm not too sure about that one). So I believe it should work. What do you think?

AMD_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 10:59 AM   #13
Fully Optimized

I think it differs across each carrier. Some carriers use different frequencies for 3G, 4G etc. So the answer to that would be that the phone would likely work with some carriers and not others! I didn't want the hassle of digging around too much so went for a phone I knew would work in my country (the Lenovo).

i5 4210M || 500GB Samsung EVO 850 SSD || GeForce 825M || 16GB DDR3 RAM || Windows 10 x64
joedaman633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 11:32 AM   #14
In Runtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedaman633 View Post
I think it differs across each carrier. Some carriers use different frequencies for 3G, 4G etc. So the answer to that would be that the phone would likely work with some carriers and not others! I didn't want the hassle of digging around too much so went for a phone I knew would work in my country (the Lenovo).
Yeah. I'm having trouble reading the specs though. GSMarena is a bit confusing for me when it comes to bands. I guess I'll ask around here and see if it works Thanks!
Old 05-25-2017, 01:21 AM   #15
Solid State Member

Talking about xiaomi, i bought MI5 few months ago and LTE did not want to work with Tmobile since its requiring different LTE band. Have checked the India and China version and both of them are same. The price is cheap for 820 phone, so might leave it as well.
Zero_Dash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 04:24 AM   #16
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero_Dash View Post
Talking about xiaomi, i bought MI5 few months ago and LTE did not want to work with Tmobile since its requiring different LTE band. Have checked the India and China version and both of them are same. The price is cheap for 820 phone, so might leave it as well.
Yeah, that's the problem with most phones out of China. I always research which bands a phone uses before buying; GSMArena is usually pretty good about listing the bands (to me, anyway) but sometimes I have to go digging online for the answers.
TrotterTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 09:30 AM   #17
In Runtime

Quote:
Yeah that's the thing. The hardware is just too good for the price, but if the LTE doesn't work I don't think it's worth it, if you do want or need LTE. In my country there is not much difference between 3G and 4G. Both work at around the same speed, but it's a nice bonus. However, it is supposed to work with my company. At least the Note 3.
AMD_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 10:13 PM   #18
Solid State Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMD_man View Post
Yeah that's the thing. The hardware is just too good for the price, but if the LTE doesn't work I don't think it's worth it, if you do want or need LTE. In my country there is not much difference between 3G and 4G. Both work at around the same speed, but it's a nice bonus. However, it is supposed to work with my company. At least the Note 3.
Yeah, i am looking forward to see if MI 6 is good. Have looked the review for it and it seems more durable than MI 5. I have to say that MI5 is really easy to be broken.
Zero_Dash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 09:12 AM   #19
In Runtime

Quote:
I have to say that MI5 is really easy to be broken.
Really? I guess that makes sense, considering how cheap the phones are.