Alienware Aurora ALX

Gamputer

In Runtime
Alienware has a new desktop out called the Alienware Aurora ALX. I am very impressed by the design, but I think the hardware options are way too expensive for the price (the standard GPU option is GTS 240 SLI- Why?).

What do you guys think?

you're paying for the brand name, thats it. if you want something with similar options for cheaper go and buy a dell xps. dell owns alienware so you'll get the same service and quality but you arent paying for the brand name as much

i agree with the above poster and imo never even buy an alienware even if you have money to waste, it just isn't worth it. They add on like 600 bucks just for the name "alienware".

imo either get one from one of the computer configuration sites (ibuypower, cyberpowerpc, etc.) or build your own from newegg for quite possibly less then half the price of alienware with the same specs.

Dell has done away with the X730 lineup I just cancelled my order after waithing 40 days and two delay notices.. Im going to build my own for about half the price wit some nice upgrades...

Yea I agree with you guys. BTW it kinda seems like I was gonna buy it, but no, I would very much prefer making my own gamputer instead of buying one.

Always build your own. It's not hard, you get MUCH higher quality parts (assuming you choose so) and it's much cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom