4k TV help

rowcon123

Daemon Poster
Ok guys I need help with buying a 4k TV here is the link

Ebuyer Mobile

Now I have many questions about it, first of all I have an external HDD that I use to watch films it is 3.0 but is that enough to play 4k films on it, I have found no where on the internet to help, and last question is the HDMI ports since I heard you can only do 4k and 24 fps will this be enough

Many thanks rowcon123

Sent from my VOYAGER2 DG310 using Computer Forums mobile app

Generally speaking, it's cycles per second you're interested in, rather than FPS, since your eyes work in Hz not in FPS. Realistically you need DisplayPort 1.2 or higher connectivity to get any real good out of a 4k TV. If you try and watch a 4k resolution film through a HDMI connection, you'll find it pretty jittery and despite it sounding small you will really notice that 4/5ms delay time.

USB 3.0 will probably be fast enough in terms of data transfer to watch 4k films, since it has an average data transfer rate of 3.2GB/s at full whack, going up to 5gbps depending on your hardware. In essence USB 3.0 isn't far behind Sata III in terms of data rate at optimal efficiency (such as using an SSD with a 500mbps read/write through usb 3.0)

A lot of what you read about 4k TVs is hokum, for example I've seen one claiming to be rated at 140Hz, which is a lie frankly!

The 4k panel you linked is very much a budget model, its panel will have a display resolution of 3840 x 2160 but I can almost guarantee it won't be much better than watching at 1080p especially if you're going through HDMI. If anything with HDMI the image may even look stretched

Wow thanks for all the info, I did not know there was that much to Telly's but thanks , more info the better ;)

Sent from my VOYAGER2 DG310 using Computer Forums mobile app

Back
Top Bottom