Originally Posted by foothead
How is the 360 truly better?
Is it just because you have one?
- A 360 is much, much cheaper when you first buy the console + games (excluding the live membership) than a PS3.
- The Elite version for 360 has an external HD DVD Player.
- More people prefer Halo over Call of Duty (I do...)
- PS3's are humongous! Compared to the 360, A PS3 is HUGE! (360s are much lighter and look sexier :P)
- For 360, The GPU is more powerful. It has more powerful fillrate, and far more pixel and vertex processing horsepower. Part of the reason is their choice of memory, and architecture of pixel and vertex procesing. I can't get into details but the same vertex shader will run much slower on the PS3 than the XBOX 360. The 360 also has a clever new way rendering high definition anti aliased back buffers. To accomplish the same effect on PS3 is prohibitively expensive. For this reason I think many games will have no choice but to run in non-HD resolutions on the PS3 version, use a lower quality anti aliasing technique, or do back buffer up scaling.
I can go on...