200-300 Dollars to Spend

Depja

Baseband Member
I have about 200 dollars to spend on either an Xbox360 or PS3. I'd kind of like to PC game but I don't have the money to build/buy a new setup. So which is the better deal the Xbox 360 or PS3? Or would I be better off with something totally differnt?

Why? I have 360, and 360 owns. I mean they both have their PROs and CONs, but I find 360 much better. Just go get a new video card LOL, I mean I had 60 dollars left in my paypal so I just bought this HD 2600 PRO (AGP) for my old computer to play Team Fortress 2 on it, LOL.

Why? I have 360, and 360 owns. I mean they both have their PROs and CONs, but I find 360 much better. Just go get a new video card LOL, I mean I had 60 dollars left in my paypal so I just bought this HD 2600 PRO (AGP) for my old computer to play Team Fortress 2 on it, LOL.

*facepalm*

How is the 360 truly better?

Is it just because you have one?

*facepalm*

How is the 360 truly better?

Is it just because you have one?

Well,

- A 360 is much, much cheaper when you first buy the console + games (excluding the live membership) than a PS3.

- The Elite version for 360 has an external HD DVD Player.

- More people prefer Halo over Call of Duty (I do...)

- PS3's are humongous! Compared to the 360, A PS3 is HUGE! (360s are much lighter and look sexier :p)

- For 360, The GPU is more powerful. It has more powerful fillrate, and far more pixel and vertex processing horsepower. Part of the reason is their choice of memory, and architecture of pixel and vertex procesing. I can't get into details but the same vertex shader will run much slower on the PS3 than the XBOX 360. The 360 also has a clever new way rendering high definition anti aliased back buffers. To accomplish the same effect on PS3 is prohibitively expensive. For this reason I think many games will have no choice but to run in non-HD resolutions on the PS3 version, use a lower quality anti aliasing technique, or do back buffer up scaling.

I can go on...:D

Okay thanks very much for the input. I dunno if I can upgrade my gpu because the computer's psu is pretty bad and I'm worried about screwing the computer up because it's a family computer.

EnviousX.... ugh...

The PS3 is $300. An xbox (to get the non POS package)...$300

HD DVD is 100% worthless. It isnt even being produced anymore.

WTF thats one game... the PS3 has some games the xbox doesnt as well

The new PS3 is small. The old one looks a hell of a lot sexier than the xbox though.

FAIL! The PS3 is widely accepted as having much better graphics than the Xbox. Its games are also not limited to DVD format, so they can be longer and have improved graphics. The PS3 also has a much more powerful processor.

The PS3 also features: Blu-Ray, Much improved load times, free online, built in wireless, much more online capability, and the ability to install a full desktop OS (on the big ones)

Overall a much better platform. And I don't even own one, this is stuff I know about it. I'm sure theres a lot more.

According to me Xbox360 is a better choice. But if you want a best option then I want to share my personal experience here -I visited a site "rackmountsales" and I got very nice electronic appliances.

I would have to say PS3 but I'm not an expert on modern consoles. I'd go PS3 simple because you get a blu-ray player out of it as well as superior hardware and it's free to play online.

superior hardware and it's free to play online.

*cough* PC

Cores to Cells, are like Apples to Oranges

no one can truly say one is better then the other.
And you know that Foothead

Back
Top Bottom