Go Back   Computer Forums > Gaming, Reviews, Handheld Devices | Classifieds > Gaming
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 03-10-2015, 06:45 PM   #91
Fully Optimized

Default Re: What games are you currently playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikonGuy View Post
Well, they SAY 30mbs, but in truth for fact the REAL speed everyone gets is usually not above 2mbs. I have personally never seen any internet download an actual file faster than 2-3mbs tops. ( Most ISP's say 30-60mbs)
Could it be you're confusing the connection speed (mbps or megabits per second) and data transfer (MB/s or megabytes per second)? 2-3MB/s data transfer speed for downloading files (what' you see on the download box) is about reasonable for a home 30mbps connection. Home internet connection is shared so it could be affected with the number of subscribers.

Maximum data transfer download speed can be calculated by dividing the connection speed by 8. My 20mbps connection reaches like 2.5MB/s download data transfer speed; 20 divided by 8 = 2.5MB/s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draygoes View Post
@Smart_Guy,
Reguarding your post " Binding of Isaac: Rebirth", I agree. One must have an iron shell when playing anything based on religion. The only problem with Christian games for example, is that they are either satire or designed for kids.
I can stand normal religious references in games as I respect people's beliefs, but satire is problem for me. It hurts how the world has become to disrespect beliefs like that.

Oh well, back to games

Old 03-10-2015, 09:53 PM   #92
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart_Guy View Post
I can stand normal religious references in games as I respect people's beliefs, but satire is problem for me. It hurts how the world has become to disrespect beliefs like that.

Oh well, back to games
Agreed. I do not get offended easily by people insulting religion (I just ignore them), but I have played too many satire games that I should not have expected much from anyway, but had a bit of hope for. Meh, it really doesnt bother me at this point. In a different thread, I will gladly discuss opinions on religious people that insult different religions, if the mods will allow which I doubt they will as it can result in problems if someone gets offended. We will see. I guess it is the wording of the inital post that might help.

On the subject of games;
Paladog is probably one of the most addictive games I have played lately. It looks cheesy, its storyline is simple, but the gameplay works, is effective, and if you are a hardcore gamer, you dont have to grind much. It will force you to adapt to it, and as a result, the gameplay ends up (close to the last levels) being more stratigy and skill than just action. It took me about 6 hours to complete (Complete play time, not counting off time), and I liked it. I am not linking to the version that I played because they update it all of the time, so google it if you are interested, and dont be put off by the cheesy story line and the very easy first few levels.

Now, if you want somthing that will just allow you to laugh, be dumb, and dont expect much, then my fave game for that would be "Robot Dinosaurs That Shoot Laser Beams When They Roar"
I freaken love that game when I get the chance, and it is exactly how it sounds.

I hope that you guys enjoy!

Old 03-10-2015, 10:47 PM   #93
Wizard of Wires

NikonGuy

I get 40 down and 10 up at the home office. Here I get 45 down and 5 up. When I do a download I often get 2MBs and on a good night 4MBs, not mbs. There is a difference. B is BYTES while b is bits. I can nab a 4.6GB movie in about 6 or 7 minutes.
Yoho matey. Ya scallywag...
setishock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 05:22 AM   #94
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Well, they SAY 30mbs, but in truth for fact the REAL speed everyone gets is usually not above 2mbs. I have personally never seen any internet download an actual file faster than 2-3mbs tops. ( Most ISP's say 30-60mbs)
It's because they're different units!

B - bytes
b - bits

Your downloads are measured in MB/s, and your internet speed is quoted (and measured) in Mb/s.

i5 4210M || 500GB Samsung EVO 850 SSD || GeForce 825M || 16GB DDR3 RAM || Windows 10 x64
joedaman633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 02:00 PM   #95
In Runtime

Annnnnd ya'll think I don't know that? I just write Mbs for everything because it's easy. lol. I'm well aware of the difference, but the reason the ISP's write it that way is to confuse people into thinking they get something they aren't.
Asus USB 3.0 Mobo - 16Gb DDr3 1866mhz Ram - AMD FX 6300 Hexa core 4.0Ghx OC - Corsair CX600M PSU - Corsair H80i Cooler - Gigabyte Gefore GT 730 2Gb GDDr5 - WD Blue 1tb 7200rpm - WD 360gb 5200rpm Backup drive.
NikonGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 03:13 PM   #96
Fully Optimized

Come on, admit it, you didn't really know

Come on, don't be shy, we are pals
Old 03-11-2015, 03:16 PM   #97
In Runtime

Quote:
Come on, admit it, you really knew didn't you

Yes, yes I did.
Asus USB 3.0 Mobo - 16Gb DDr3 1866mhz Ram - AMD FX 6300 Hexa core 4.0Ghx OC - Corsair CX600M PSU - Corsair H80i Cooler - Gigabyte Gefore GT 730 2Gb GDDr5 - WD Blue 1tb 7200rpm - WD 360gb 5200rpm Backup drive.
NikonGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 04:26 PM   #98
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Come on, admit it, you didn't really know

Well, I learned somthing new.
Old 03-12-2015, 05:19 AM   #99
Fully Optimized

Quote:
No, no I didn't.
See?

That was easy, wasn't it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draygoes View Post
Well, I learned somthing new.
My pleasure
Old 03-12-2015, 06:09 AM   #100
Fully Optimized

Quote:
No, no I didn't.
Aww, nice of you to admit that!

i5 4210M || 500GB Samsung EVO 850 SSD || GeForce 825M || 16GB DDR3 RAM || Windows 10 x64
joedaman633 is offline   Reply With Quote