Want to buy a laptop

I personally don't like Dell's either, I never owned one but I know better not to buy them.

I have never done gaming on a laptop so my experience with Dell laptops is only from a home user/business user standpoint. However, I've personally owned several Dell laptops (have one now) and also had several company supplied Dell laptops. Never had any issues with any of them.

Hm, you seem to be in the minority here, a bit like how I haven't had any problems with Acer computers but many people have had issues with them, but I don't game so that's probably where the complaints lie, but I'm not entirely sure.

It's interesting to me that none of those advising against Dell have given any reasons why they should be avoided.

It's interesting to me that none of those advising against Dell have given any reasons why they should be avoided.
Actually, I meant HP. Lol. I just realized.

The reason is that I own one, and the WiFi adapter never worked properly. And because everything is just poorly built.

I have heard good things about Dell laptops, although I've never used one.

Have had one Dell tower that was Well. It was ok. Had 4 hp's. All were junk. Started with last tower build and haven"t looked back. Last HP was a Vista os model. I had one Toshiba that sucked. Rather than buying a laptop with what they want to put in it you can custom order them. I did that with my wife's laptop. I chose Asus. It works ok, but we don't like the touch screen but other than that it's a really great computer. It has w 10 home 64 bit.:)

Last edited:
Dude, surely the new release mini SNES console is all you need?! :angel:

I kid - if your budget is $800-900 perhaps check out the Dell Inspiron 15 or Acer for their under $1k gaming models?

Hi there;
I am sure that was some evil humor.
But I have been thinking that a high quality gaming computer would do well for me in CAD/CAM as we are heavy in graphics and high speed processing.
So, if a guy say had a couple grand to play around with, maybe even more...
What would the better selections look like then?
Thanks!!

Mark

I gave one: they supplied a faulty GPU at one time, although that would more or less be NVIDIA's fault rather than Dell's. Other than the fact it failed it was otherwise a great laptop.

More reasons not to get a dell:
Everything is proprietary which makes repairs/upgrades a PITA
you get more for what you pay for with just about any other manufacturer.
The ones my family members have had end up dying for one reason or another (not dropping it)

The only thing they're really good for is enterprise level support, like if you need to maintain 1000s of laptops...

Everything is proprietary which makes repairs/upgrades a PITA
you get more for what you pay for with just about any other manufacturer.
ALL laptops use proprietary hardware, nature of the beast. (We are discussing laptops, right?)

I'm not convinced you get more for your money with other brands, but I guess you could. IMO, Dell is very competitive on the issue of value for the money.

Back
Top Bottom