Which System Is Better PS3 or XBOX360??

JCB1

Daemon Poster
What do you think? Which do you prefer??

Personally I think PS3. They got it right from day 1 when they used blueray drives in there system and not HD-DVD. The controller is much better then the xbox's and the playstation controller hasnt changed since the PS1 which goes to show they got it right and didnt need to change. I also think the graphics are much better and better / more intresting games are comming out on the PS3.

But I have to admit the kinect seems to be more popular than the PS3 Move??

PS3 - lots of awesome exclusives like Uncharted, Infamous, Heavy Rain, Littlebigplanet, etc that XBOX 360 doesn't have. Even Mass Effect 2 is coming to PS3 in January which was one of the few great exclusive franchises the 360 had left (with Halo and Gears of War IMO). The blu-ray features are great too.

I have always been partial to the 360 but i never bought a ps3 so I cant really compare it. I have always just been a microsoft guy and i really like the games and the way they play on the 360 i'm not a fan of the RROD which i have had 2 times but fortunately they have replaced my 360 both times. I think you might have opened up a can of worms with this thread though :)

Playstation 3, It Does Everything. You can even get the firmware update to play 3D movies, no having to buy a hole new player....free online content, BluRay. and of course the Gran Turismo series. And yes, I have one. I even have an original PS2 and a PS2 Slim.

I don't own a PS3, but do have a 360, but prefer the PS3 every single time I've played on one.

It looks better (physically looks better, not graphically), I prefer the controller and with the exception of GoW and Forza, has better games too

The only thing going for the XBOX is the online experience which is better than Sony's attempt.

However with the PS3 you get so much more exclusivity and that controller, it hasn't changed ergonomically which is a very good thing cause it's perfect. Plus having repaired two XBOX's recently as put me off them; their thermal design solution is rubbish!

I'm with Sony's PS3 all the way.

Although I don't have the PlayStation 3, I love it. Reasons why:

*Great Graphics
*The first console I ever seen to have Internet
*The first console of you being the controller (I think)
*The first console to have a online game (PlayStation Home) where you roam other game places, unlike the Xbox 360
*Owned by Intelligent Microsoft
*Less Repairs than Xbox 360

:D

I use my Parents to watch netflix because their television is big!

Subjective question is subjective, but anyhoo...

PS3 Vs. Original (White) XBOX 360 - The original white consoles used the XENOS GPU chip (which they still do) and IMHO produce superior graphics over the PS3. The only problem was, the case had a major design flaw in which the console would roast it's self if left on for an extended period, due to the way the metal frames come together and block airflow. But still, the XBOX had/has better games

PS3 Vs. Last Generation (Black + touch button) XBOX 360 - XBOX Still uses the AMD/ATI designed XENOS chip, but now has it's airflow problems rectified by the new case design. Build in Wireless and onboard receivers for wireless controllers now brings it's hardware to a point at which it is far superior to the PS3.

Game Choice - Everything bar a few games that are available on PS3, are also available on Xbox. But, there are far more games that are only available for the Xbox e.g. Gears of War.

Soft/Firmware - The XBOX 360 firmware is well finished, and has been updated and patches/fixed many times since initial release. Just like Microsoft's OSes, they are very good at fixing problems, it's just a shame they didn't do it initially. the PS3 software is on the whole quite good, but it seems very unfinished and somewhat sluggish to me.

I'd go for the Xbox anyday personally.

edit: did he just say that PS3 is owned by Microsoft?

Back
Top Bottom