Steam downloads slowwing down

Okay i have a new update, bitdefender is not the problem because i have been trying to download some a game on steam and it will go right up to 2MB and then would go right back down to 0 bytes and then it goes to 80MB and then back to 0byts over and over again. Can i please get help i need to get this fixed!!!( bitdefender was not installed when i was trying to download

Ok, you've eliminated the possibility of a software conflict.

Tell me what delivery system are you using? DSL, Cable? Satellite? Are you using a Modem with a direct Ethernet hardwired connection, or Wi-Fi using a router? If you're using Wi-Fi, what make and model adapter are you using?

I am currently using a direct ethernet cable and i dont really know about the dsl cable and satellite thing, can u tell me how to find out?

If you're using a DSL ISP connection, there are a number of things to look at. A DSL line in most areas requires a filter in-line, to avoid erratic, or interrupted, data streaming. Are you using a decent filter?

Since you use the term "modem/router", I guess that means you're using a one piece device, not a separate modem, and router. That makes it easier. Do you have another modem/router that you could substitute for yours, or borrow another one, to rule out a bad device?

No i dont have another modem an is the filter the thing that the phone line plugs into that goes to the modem/router

This is what a typical DSL line filter looks like.

Attachments

• Desktop_2012_10_24_17_58_05_002.jpg
    Desktop_2012_10_24_17_58_05_002.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 3
Back
Top Bottom