Question

brookecorl

Beta member
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this or not, but feel free to move it if it is not.

I have almost the entire collection of The Sims 3 games installed onto my Toshiba external hard drive. It worked for about three weeks, but now the computer claims to not be able to find the game. I made sure the hard drive was plugged in, but it still won't work. Any ideas?

Are the shortcuts linked to the right place, Have you moved the games into a different folder? Try opening the games from the .exe in the install folder on your external hdd.

Yes try launching the sims from the exe in the folder where it was installed, otherwise it you may have to reinstall all of the games..

Maybe if you unplugged the drive and plugged it back in the drive letter changed and the shortcut is broken. So like everyone else said try the exe.

The .exe file will not work. I'm uninstalling the games. Will this happen all the time if I reinstall the games on the same hard drive?

It will only happen if you unplug the external HDD, do you have enough space on your HDD in your pc to install the games again?

Back
Top Bottom