only £200

Gamer_for_life

Baseband Member
i know £200 is a shitty small amount for a gaming computer but i am happy to upgrade it i would just wondering what is the highest quality computer for gaming and maybe the most upgrade able computer

Highest quality computer for gaming for under £200?

Well.. sorry to burst the bubble, but unless you only want to play games that are a decade or so old, I wouldn't hold out much luck. You'll struggle to build *any* decent upgradable rig for £200, let alone one for gaming.

What sort of games do you want to play? My best advice at present would be to just save up a bit more (bear in mind at the top end you can blow 3 times that on just a graphics card!)

Sorry babes but £200 wont get you a Gaming Rig, now if you can add a (0) to the end you could be ripping up some new games :)

Hey,

Let's not give up all hope just yet.

Do you have any existing components to work with? What spec is your current PC at the minute?

The guys are right no we can't advice building a gaming machine for £200, but i'm wondering if you have anything we could upgrade now and then use in a new machine later?

If you have a decent C2D and a fair chunk of RAM you could look (depending on motherboard slots) at getting a fairly decent graphics card now which would improve gameplay on any existing machine you had, then when you are ready but a new motherboard, CPU and RAM bundle that you could put together with your new graphics card at a later date?

Also can we establish your definition of a gaming machine?

I do have a little pet peeve about some of the comments on here (nothing personal guys). But I just want to check what types of games you want to play and if you are bothered about what settings the game is played on?

I would genuinely quite happily play games on the equivalent of a "cam" copy of a DVD (minus the camera movement and sound synch issues :)) Others would only play games at DVD quality while some (a lot of the guys on here) would accept nothing less than better than Blu Ray quality.

The machine you need for a "cam" copy gaming machine is substantially cheaper than a "blu ray" gaming machine.
A "cam" machine could set you back £300 - £400 while a Blu Ray machine you could spend double that on just the graphics card, so more like £1,500 - £2,000.

Although I will stress that I am in a "select few" that would play games on a very low end machine, I just like to double check and ensure people are not mid-led and believe that they HAVE to spend £1,000 + on a gaming machine, I believe you can play most games at just below DVD quality for £550 ish.

thanks i would like to buy a barebones bundle ( desktop with the most important components eg. RAM, Processor motherboard, case) and then maybe take apart my laptop and although there bad use them to make it work then i can upgrade it when i get meh pocket money :\

Back
Top Bottom