Go Back   Computer Forums > Gaming, Reviews, Handheld Devices | Classifieds > Gaming
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-09-2012, 06:28 PM   #1
Baseband Member

Default only 200

i know 200 is a shitty small amount for a gaming computer but i am happy to upgrade it i would just wondering what is the highest quality computer for gaming and maybe the most upgrade able computer

Gamer_for_life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:19 PM   #2
Site Team

Default Re: only 200

Highest quality computer for gaming for under 200?

Well.. sorry to burst the bubble, but unless you only want to play games that are a decade or so old, I wouldn't hold out much luck. You'll struggle to build *any* decent upgradable rig for 200, let alone one for gaming.

What sort of games do you want to play? My best advice at present would be to just save up a bit more (bear in mind at the top end you can blow 3 times that on just a graphics card!)

Old 12-09-2012, 07:23 PM   #3
Baseband Member

okay :\
Old 12-10-2012, 02:29 AM   #4
Daemon Poster

Sorry babes but 200 wont get you a Gaming Rig, now if you can add a (0) to the end you could be ripping up some new games
Core i7 3770K, Gigabyte GA-Z77P-D3, Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO, Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB DDR3, ASUS GeForce GTX 650 Ti, Corsair Series CX750w, Intel 320 Series SSD, WD Caviar Black 1TB, Pioneer BDR-207DBK 12x Blu Ray/DVD, Black Night Case, Saitek & Razer, Windows 7 Pro SP1 x64, ZA Antivirus + Firewall
*= WildCat =* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:41 AM   #5
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to ssc456

Hey,

Let's not give up all hope just yet.

Do you have any existing components to work with? What spec is your current PC at the minute?

The guys are right no we can't advice building a gaming machine for 200, but i'm wondering if you have anything we could upgrade now and then use in a new machine later?

If you have a decent C2D and a fair chunk of RAM you could look (depending on motherboard slots) at getting a fairly decent graphics card now which would improve gameplay on any existing machine you had, then when you are ready but a new motherboard, CPU and RAM bundle that you could put together with your new graphics card at a later date?

Also can we establish your definition of a gaming machine?

I do have a little pet peeve about some of the comments on here (nothing personal guys). But I just want to check what types of games you want to play and if you are bothered about what settings the game is played on?

I would genuinely quite happily play games on the equivalent of a "cam" copy of a DVD (minus the camera movement and sound synch issues ) Others would only play games at DVD quality while some (a lot of the guys on here) would accept nothing less than better than Blu Ray quality.

The machine you need for a "cam" copy gaming machine is substantially cheaper than a "blu ray" gaming machine.
A "cam" machine could set you back 300 - 400 while a Blu Ray machine you could spend double that on just the graphics card, so more like 1,500 - 2,000.

Although I will stress that I am in a "select few" that would play games on a very low end machine, I just like to double check and ensure people are not mid-led and believe that they HAVE to spend 1,000 + on a gaming machine, I believe you can play most games at just below DVD quality for 550 ish.

Dont Eat Animals, Its Not Good For Them And They Dont Like It!
ssc456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:06 AM   #6
Baseband Member

thanks i would like to buy a barebones bundle ( desktop with the most important components eg. RAM, Processor motherboard, case) and then maybe take apart my laptop and although there bad use them to make it work then i can upgrade it when i get meh pocket money :\
Old 12-11-2012, 01:17 AM   #7
Daemon Poster

I know of a very good place for barebones bundles ... PMing you.

Core i7 3770K, Gigabyte GA-Z77P-D3, Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO, Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB DDR3, ASUS GeForce GTX 650 Ti, Corsair Series CX750w, Intel 320 Series SSD, WD Caviar Black 1TB, Pioneer BDR-207DBK 12x Blu Ray/DVD, Black Night Case, Saitek & Razer, Windows 7 Pro SP1 x64, ZA Antivirus + Firewall
*= WildCat =* is offline   Reply With Quote