New Gaming Monitor Advice

Polakman0696

Solid State Member
Hey everyone:

I've recently sold my monitor and need to buy a new one that's aimed towards games, any brand and up 29 inch.
I'm having trouble deciding what resolution and features I should be looking for, but mainly found some nice 1440p and super wide screens that interested me.
Mainly play fps and strategy games and my PC is:
i7-4770k
2 x GTX 760
16GB or ram
1 TB HDD and a 500 GB

All recommendations and opinions are welcome.
(also no 4K please and up to £300 no more)

you'll struggle finding genuinely good 'gaming' specific monitors under £300 - for example the Acer Predator and Asus ROG Swift monitors (1440p, 144Hz) are coming in at £600-800 at the moment. I'd suggest looking for something 1440p from BenQ, Samsung, Acer or Asus and not worrying too much about the refresh rate, anything with 144Hz refresh is going to be way over budget. I don't recommend buying anything with a refresh of less than 75Hz though.

Something like this is probably your best bet, https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-070-AC&groupid=17&catid=1120

Last edited:
I really like my Asus 27" monitor, the Asus monitors are the only ones worth buying.

I'd have to disagree :p

I've seen many horror stories about the ROG Swift in relation to quality control issues and DOA units. Not unusual though, most monitor makers have similar horror stories from the past or present.

Out of those 4 dude, I'd go for the first one (the Asus :angel:) because it's 1440p, IPS and looks tidy.

the others are all TN panels and probably cheap ones at that - and they're only 1080p, and for me if the screen is bigger than 22-23 inches 1080p tends to look a bit stretched.

From the specs you posted I think you will be able to take decent advantage of 1440p.

Thank you guys for your help,

After looking into it some more, I found that most the the monitors are poop and the only good one was the ASUS like you guys said. I've ordered it and can't wait to try out some of my games.

Thanks again guys!! :D

Back
Top Bottom