Need help for a gaming PC

I assume you don't mind playing these games on low to medium settings? Because that's what you'll be playing Dishonored 2 and Battlefield 1 at. Then again, DX12 optimizations could and should improve frame rates across the board. The 960 is DX12 capable. I would definitely recommend getting a better GPU than the 960 even so.

I agree very much with Jarl.
I was trying to see it from a discount point of view.
But gaming demands are on a rise right now.
I means, just looked at mirrors edge. It fuckes my GTX 980TI to shame.

I agree very much with Jarl.
I was trying to see it from a discount point of view.
But gaming demands are on a rise right now.
I means, just looked at mirrors edge. It fuckes my GTX 980TI to shame.

It also depends heavily on what resolution you're playing at. I play at 1080p. I can max out most games (even the Witcher 3) with my GTX 970 and get in the mid 50's fps, never dropping below 45 or so. I would wait for the GTX 1060, or you could go with the AMD rx480 at 230 bucks or the rx470 which will be less than that (maybe 190-200?). Those cards drop on the 29th of June. For now I would wait and see what comes out and how things perform rather than going for the 960 now.

It also depends heavily on what resolution you're playing at. I play at 1080p. I can max out most games (even the Witcher 3) with my GTX 970 and get in the mid 50's fps, never dropping below 45 or so.

Indeed. I play at 1440p. That takes away a good chunk of the performance.
I play mirrors edge on Ultra, with Textures at Hyper (max). So total graphic settings would be at around 85%.
My fps goes between 50 and 60. And my card is heavily overclocked.

Well I don't think you need an i7 I picked up a second hand i5 4670 off eBay for £85 and it runs everything on ultra :) also you should be able to pickup a cheap second hand 970 soon so if you don't mind waiting I would wait for that, also check an app called shpock you can pick up some bargains on there too :) hope this helps

Sent from my DAGGER DG550 using Computer Forums mobile app

I bought CYBERPOWERPC Gamer Xtreme GXi760 3 weeks ago.
https://www.bestadvisor.com/best-gaming-pcs
It can run H1Z1 ultra 100 fps
Gta V ultra 60 fps and all my other games run amazing
Also, it comes with a great keyboard and mouse, though I already had a nicer gaming mouse for WoW beforehand. For someone with a somewhat limited budget and no experience with desktops, I highly recommend this one!

Boring case? Lol. Does the look of the case really make a difference in playing a game? How much time do you spend looking at the case while playing anyways? I tend to look at the monitor so the monitor I the only part that the apearance makes an appreciable difference.

Boring case, that made me laugh, thanks. Hey, I bet his cables are boring looking too.

That is a good one. I am also planning to get a new gaming PC. My old one had flickering and glare because of it I had dry eyes and headache. I had undergone a dry eye treatment from a clinic in Toronto. Now I am planning to get a new one which is not much harmful to eyes.

Last edited by a moderator:
The 2080 ti will be built on the same processor as the current Titan X is, the GP102. When that is released later this year, they are also issuing a refresh of the 1060 70 and 80 as 20XX models and will be a lot cheaper than the current models and will use higher clock speeds and be based on the GP 104.

WCCFtech GTX 2080 Ti GTX 2080 GTX 2070 GTX Titan X GTX 1080 GTX 1070
Architecture Pascal Pascal Pascal Pascal Pascal Pascal
GPU GP102 GP104 GP104 GP102 GP104 GP104
Memory 12GB GDDR5X 8 GB GDDR5X 8 GB GDDR5X 12GB GDDR5X 8 GB GDDR5X 8 GB GDDR5
Memory Speed 10Gbps 10Gbps 10Gbps 10Gbps 10Gbps 8Gbps
Memory Interface 384-bit 256-bit 256-bit 384-bit 256-bit 256-bit
Memory Bandwidth 480GB/s 320GB/s 320GB/s 480GB/s 320GB/s 256GB/s
Launch 2017 2017 2017 2016 2016 2016

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

That is a good one. I am also planning to get a new gaming PC. My old one had flickering and glare because of it I had dry eyes and headache. I had undergone a dry eye treatment from a clinic in Toronto. Now I am planning to get a new one which is not much harmful to eyes.

This is genius, you can write off your new monitor as a medical expense...*starts rubbing eyes and calling for a doctors appointment*

GTX 2080 Ti? Even all info about GTX 1080 Ti are still predictions and speculations. I wouldn't trust any sources claiming stuff about it. I think WCCFtech is just looking for ratings and views.

Back
Top Bottom