Solid State Member
Trying to get a new gaming PC with among the following specs:
Intel i7 processor
2.5 Ghz+
Preferably quad-core
8+ GB RAM
Preferably above GTX 960
Operating system doesn't have to be included

My budget only allow me to go upto £500; I already have my monitor, keyboard, speakers and mouse sorted.
I'll be playing games such as Battlefield 1 and Dishonored 2.
Please help me out as I am relatively new in analyzing PC's. :):)

Trying to get a new gaming PC with among the following specs:
Intel i7 processor
2.5 Ghz+
Preferably quad-core
8+ GB RAM
Preferably above GTX 960
Operating system doesn't have to be included

My budget only allow me to go upto £500; I already have my monitor, keyboard, speakers and mouse sorted.
I'll be playing games such as Battlefield 1 and Dishonored 2.
Please help me out as I am relatively new in analyzing PC's. :):)

I'd recommend an i7 6700k with a GTX 1070. ATLEAST. Dishonored 2 look really intense, and both CPU and GPU usage will probably skyrocket.

I went on some websites that predicted the requirements for dishonored 2 and most of them say that a GTX 950 would be enough and regarding the CPU, I honestly don't the difference in i7's such as the difference between 4th and 5th gen. I'm considering building a new PC but I'm not sure that £500 would be enough.

Last edited:
Please don't buy the 960. Wait a little for the 1060. It's just right around the corner. (or buy the 1070 now. It's an amazing card)
You can also save on the CPU and go for an I5. There is gonna be zero difference in gaming performance.

So your choices are as following.

1: The "PALICOMP NVIDIA Gaming PC" comes with an acceptable CPU but crap GPU.
2: The "PC Gaming PC Quad Core intel i5" comes with a good CPU but crap GPU.
3: The "ADMI GAMING X4 860K" comes with a crap CPU but decent GPU.

I you forced me to buy one of them, i'll go with the second one and then replace the GPU as soon as possible.

But I would rather buy ether this
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Graphics-1...1_2?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1466499101&sr=1-2

or this
https://www.amazon.co.uk/GAMING-Gra...1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1466499101&sr=1-1

They both perform the same, but case is different.
They step down the CPU just a little bit compared to the second of your 3 computers, but adds the graphic card from the third system. And that graphic card is actually decent for modern gaming.

---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

If you can wait 2 month or so, you will get a better deal on a computer with the upcoming 1060.

Last edited:
I'm guessing AMD's are generally not good for gaming but they are the only way I will be able buy a PC with a good GPU. However, I am going to be waiting around 2 months before getting one so one might be available buy then. I also managed to find this one which I've seen runs games like battlefield 4 on 40-50 fps on ultra so should be decent.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01FKZZ...lid=345TCIF5G2TYK&coliid=I1Z94R3V7H75A7&psc=1

Thank you for replies though, really appreciate them.:):)

That's also a fine computer. It's the same GPU as the 2 i posted.

AMD's perform fine for gaming. But these days Intel is simply ahead in terms of architecture designs.
And you can always find a similar performing CPU for the same or close to the same price as an AMD.
Doesn't mean that AMD's are by default a bad choice.
That AMD CPU in the system you found, is still pretty good.
Gonna be performing about the same as the CPU in the 2 PC's i linked to.

Last edited:
Pretty much the same specs as the 2 i found, but with more ram (that you don't need) and a more boring looking case.
But it's cheaper. So bang for the bug, it's a better computer than what i found.

Back
Top Bottom