Looking to purchase a Gaming Computer

jetsmell

In Runtime
I'm not very computer literate that's why I'm here seeking the advice from people who know. I want this computer for both Microsoft Flight Simulator Steam and PREPARED ( also a flight sim ). My price range between $1,500.-$2,000. I have a ton of add-ons to make it as real as it gets. I have a WD 1tb External Hard Drive that I also use. Thanks in advance.

If you have a rig that you're happy with let me know what it is. Also, where is a good store?

What are the recommended requirements for the software you want to use? Those are usually a good indicator of what is it that you should buy.

It'd be great if you can post that here.

The specs are good. Building your own is cheaper though. And you can control what kind of PSU you get.

Those specs look good. I would keep the processor, graphics card, RAM and SSD, and pick the brand/model combination that will give you the most performance for your money.

Some examples, you could buy the card from Asus, Gigabyte, EVGA, etc. The same goes for the SSD, that can be Samsung, Sandisk, etc. And then add a decent PSU, and pick a good (or just cheap) case. The RAM is not that important. As long as it's 16GB of DDR4 RAM of at least 2400 MHz you'll be fine .

RAM speed is irrelevant for most applications, and it's only in some games that it actually makes a difference. For example, take a look at this: https://www.anandtech.com/show/8959...3200-with-gskill-corsair-adata-and-crucial/10

In short, only get fast RAM if the cost is not too high, and you don't have to give up quality.

And please post those requirements.

I agree with AMD man on the Ram because i run extreme games like Skyrim instuff and it works perfect i also have one of the latest gen Intel I7 youll probably need atleast a newer gen I5 thats higher in gigahertz than the older I5 models now thats just as important as a good graphics card the bear minimum youll want is a 1800 ti i have 1700 ti which runs well but any lower than 1500 you might not get as good picture quality and depending on the amount of games you plan on keeping and having youll want to get 1 tb hardrive or 2 tb if its a desktop Ive even noticed when playing Skyrim with these standards its very rarely crashed like twice out of a year playing it and nit lile 3 times a month on my ps3 Good Luck and Cheers

Is gaming your main goal? If it is, the rig on that link has an Intel i7 which is too much for games specially that i5's now have more cores. Find a setup with an i5 to get the best bang for the buck; that ends with K if you wanna over clock later or non-K if you don't). Tho I suggest looking up Intel's 9th gen. CPU's' release date. They might take care of some drawbacks 8th gen. has.

I don't see you're asking about a monitor/TV. Do you already have one? What are the specs? If it's 1080p 60Hz with that target (e.g. wanna use vsync) then GTX 1070 is enough specially if you upgrade video cards in 4 years. Go higher if you wanna keep it for 6-7 years with that monitor. If you higher resolution and frames per second; e.g. 1080p/1440p with 120Hz monitor, then GTX 1080 and above are to look at.

Being an enthusiast is a different story, of course.

Back
Top Bottom