Gaming rig

I wanted to put together a computer consisting of a CM Storm Stryker full tower, a ASUS Z87 Expert LGA 1150, a PNY GeForce GTX 780 for $519, Intel i7 4770k haswell 3.5GHz LGA 1150 84 watt, two Samsung 840 Evo's 250gb, G SKILL Ripjaws X Series 2x4GB 240 pin DDR3, 1 corsair hydro series h100i extreme, and finaly a Archgon Slot-loading internal blueray burner/ reader. Just need suggestions for power supplies. Given I will have two. 780s and a few extra fans. Also if u notice any incompatibilities please alert me. Also your suggestions for changes are welcome.

I wanted to put together a computer consisting of a CM Storm Stryker full tower, a ASUS Z87 Expert LGA 1150, a PNY GeForce GTX 780 for $519, Intel i7 4770k haswell 3.5GHz LGA 1150 84 watt, two Samsung 840 Evo's 250gb, G SKILL Ripjaws X Series 2x4GB 240 pin DDR3, 1 corsair hydro series h100i extreme, and finaly a Archgon Slot-loading internal blueray burner/ reader. Just need suggestions for power supplies. Given I will have two. 780s and a few extra fans. Also if u notice any incompatibilities please alert me. Also your suggestions for changes are welcome.

You're missing the PSU. I would recommend a 750 Watt for that kind of hardware, good lord. Other than that, that build looks pretty extreme and will do very well for you :) Happy building

Good lord indeed. That's a crazy setup. I'll recommend the AX860W.
For an enthusiast computer, you need an enthusiast PSU. The AX series from corsair screams quality. They are all fully modular and is 80+ Platinum validated. It also has a zero fan profile. When the PSU is using less than 50% (430W) the fan isn't even spinning.

It also has cords that's non color coded to make it look even better.
For a comparison:

Non color coded (corsair AX 24-pin cord)
modding-acc_corsair_ax860760_atx_24pin_individual-23550955-3609845541-.jpg

Color coded with black sleeves:
akasa.jpg

Huge difference

Last edited:
Although for the cooling I could use that water cooler or I can use the V8 GTS from cooler Master but I'm just worried about it breaking or bending my motherboard. it's supposed to be a LAN party case and I just want to make sure it does not break when moving but I also wanted to look cool. And I got to say that V-8 looks awesome

So should I get the H 100 I would be safe for a LAN party computer. I would prefer a air cooled one but one that does not bend the motherboard and looks really cool and works really well. Do you have a few suggestions. I just like the V8 because it looked amazing. And Size in the case is not really a concern.

h100i. I think thats the perfect cpu cooler for you. water cooling is the way to go. totally safe for a lan party rig. I know several people with full custom loops in their lan rig.

Back
Top Bottom