Gaming rig

nnorris790

Beta member
Ok. I'm getting some parts in for a new rig. 16gb 1600 ram, amd 955be, nvidia gtx 660, 1tb hdd, ASROCK|990FX EXTREME3 990FX AM3+ mobo. What can I expect this rig to run? Not sure what games yet. Just kinda wondering if someone has a similar setup. And what they are able to do with it. Also I'm wanting to do some editing of videos recorded via capture card.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Computer Forums mobile app

Ok. I'm getting some parts in for a new rig. 16gb 1600 ram, amd 955be, nvidia gtx 660, 1tb hdd, ASROCK|990FX EXTREME3 990FX AM3+ mobo. What can I expect this rig to run? Not sure what games yet. Just kinda wondering if someone has a similar setup. And what they are able to do with it. Also I'm wanting to do some editing of videos recorded via capture card.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Computer Forums mobile app

Why such slow (1600) ram? Faster speed is hardly any extra cost...

Haven't been in the game in a long time. Last rig I had 1066 ddr2 was a oc only speed. Is it that slow?

sent from note 2

Future proofing a little bit. I know it's not necessary by any means. Also would it not help out to an extent with editing?

sent from note 2

In that case 16 gig of RAM will have very little benefit over 8 gig.
not worth the extra cash in my opinion

Well its there for the future if anything arises. Ram is not my primary concern here. I know it's plenty either way. I'm wondering about fps, bottleneck in of any sort, etc. Not what I bought too much of

sent from note 2

Back
Top Bottom