Gaming PC

ytst

Beta member
Hello, I am trying to buy a gaming PC. I will also use it to record, stream and edit. What is the best PC I could get to do this? I have price budget of under $2000. I will be playing CS:GO and H1Z1 on it.
Help??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a good budget, just get an i7 8gig+ of ram and decent graphics card, like a GTX 750 or better and it will do everything you want.

Threw this together for you

Devil's Canyon i7-4790k/GTX980 Build

Or, if you wanted to do X99 (and I highly recommend you do in this price range)

X99 i7-5820k/GTX980Ti Build

Both in budget and both way overkill, but hey who doesn't love power for the sake of power.

also, this is the first time in ages i've done a build spec like this in USD at US prices.. you guys have it way good, I'd need the equivalent of about $3650 USD to buy that X99 system here.

I can't really recommend Skylake chips at this time, not least because nobody anywhere seems to actually have them in stock, and X99 takes a crap all over it.

Last edited:
Definitely go with Dark's second build. The 2 extra cores of the 5820k along with the DDR4 ram will really help in terms of editing and provide a boon in streaming as well. I like Asus as a mobo manufacturer better personally but MSI will do the job as well. If you want to save some money a 980 or 970, hell even a 960 will do ya fine for what you want to do.

Definitely go with Dark's second build. The 2 extra cores of the 5820k along with the DDR4 ram will really help in terms of editing and provide a boon in streaming as well. I like Asus as a mobo manufacturer better personally but MSI will do the job as well. If you want to save some money a 980 or 970, hell even a 960 will do ya fine for what you want to do.

I threw the 980Ti in there for two reasons - 1 because with a $2k budget he can afford it, and 2 because for rendering/video editing/streaming one can make good use of all those cuda cores for some serious acceleration

aaaand, for multithreaded tasks, the 5820k is 6 core 12 threads, compared to the 4790k's 4 cores 8 threads.

Plus I happen to know that the max safe VCore for X99 is 1.3V (or so I've heard). Might be fun playing the silicon lottery and seeing how much of an overclock you can get on 1.3V...

Definitely Dark. I was just saying he could save money in the graphics card department if he really wanted to. But hell yeah. If its in your budget go for broke. Cuda acceleration will be nuts!

Back
Top Bottom