Free download games for laptops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or go to an "abandonware" website for free full games. Abandonware means that the software is literally abandoned, they are not sold any more and you may download them legally. :D

From WikiPedia:
In most cases, software classed as abandonware is not in the public domain, as it has never had its original copyright revoked and some company or individual still owns exclusive rights. Therefore, sharing of such software is usually considered copyright infringement, though in practice copyright holders rarely enforce their abandonware copyrights

Just because it's not enforced doesn't mean it's legal...

I never would advise tormenting due to the inherent security risks, but if you are feeling lucky, use a VPN that will mask traffic. BTGuard is a good one and will prevent you from being caught downloading on P2P sites. The best advice I could give is to download items that receive positive ratings and keep a good AV if you plan on downloading from torrents.

As with anything, there are always precautions you can take. However, let's not discuss the precautions you would need to take to steal something.

I never would advise tormenting due to the inherent security risks, but if you are feeling lucky, use a VPN that will mask traffic. BTGuard is a good one and will prevent you from being caught downloading on P2P sites. The best advice I could give is to download items that receive positive ratings and keep a good AV if you plan on downloading from torrents.

Tormenting is bad, M'kay

cant your friend just copy it on usb or other external device and give it to you?

you can download from piratebay (i dont i get my friends to do it) and they cant trace you or anything like that.
most games you will have to pay for. but if you have a steam account you can almost always buy the games cheaper that in the shops.

They can trace you. The United States Government is now holding ISP's responsible for illegally downloaded content. The ISP's will now flag accounts with higher than usual download bandwidth and then investigate the content of those data. Continued pirating will lead to a letter from either a legal/government organization or your ISP making you aware that you have downloaded X file and it was an infringement on Y copyright. Further pirating and torrenting of illegal products will result in either legal action against you, and/or your service being disconnected as it's simply a liability issue now with the ISP.

This thread has been taken into a zone that's not condoned by ComputerForums.org and has been locked. Please feel free to start another thread for the legal downloading of games (such as through steam or cnet (free)).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom